Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel bad just dropping in and asking for help my first post but I have a new 01 taurus that needs work. I need brakes (so my father tells me) pads, rotors etc was hoping someone could recommend some good ones (this thing really sucks in terms of braking at this point) and help me put them on I'm assuming. I'm in boise idaho. Thanks

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (otaku @ Jul 2 2009, 10:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=736571
I feel bad just dropping in and asking for help my first post but I have a new 01 taurus that needs work. I need brakes (so my father tells me) pads, rotors etc was hoping someone could recommend some good ones (this thing really sucks in terms of braking at this point) and help me put them on I'm assuming. I'm in boise idaho. Thanks[/b]
Pads: Hawk HPS, EBC (green or yellow, i dont remember) Motorcraft OEM (from the factory)
Rotors: Pretty much anything including the cheap crap from China. Alot of ppl on this board like Duralast rotors from Autozone.

Get new pads and rotors at the same time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you go with EBC go with green. Most oem stuff would be fine.

I have no experience with duralast brake rotors, but I do have experience with duralast clutches. I hear clutch shops tell me they wear out in 3 months of normal driving, but I've put a couple of years of offroading on my duralast, as well as normal driving, and it's still great. So based on that, and other friends experiences with duralast products, I'd say they would be just fine. You could also find some decent rotors at a wreking yard, and maybe just have them turned. That may be all you need as well.

As for feeling bad, don't. Most people do that. I first came here just looking for a Taurus club, but other forums I register primarily for my first post. TCCA is a community first and foremost. The most important thing is you are here. You will become hooked on this site. I don't even own my bull anymore but I keep coming back occasionally. I'd like to come around more often and help out all the time like I used to, and I've been told don't worry about it, it makes no difference, but it doesn't feel quite right coming around and throwing my $0.02 in all the time when I don't own a bull anymore. I have plans to get another one in the future, probably a 2nd gen, but maybe a 1st.

To those who remember, I STILL have plans for a lifted and built 4x4 1st gen. GRIN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts