Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm new here on this board and this group. I just went back to driving Fords. I bought a 2000 Taurus SE. The last Ford I owned was a 1986 Ford Ranger that I bought new. It had a lot of problems, as in lemon, so I switched to driving a Dodge. I kept that car 12 years, until I got sick of it. I saw this blue 2000 Taurus and it had to come home with me. My husband and I used to own a few Mustangs, a 65 and a 71 fastback. I had a 1979 Pinto (ugh) , and 1982 Mustang too. We also owned a 64 Falcon Staybus (van). I'm looking for a super clean 64-65 Falcon, so if you know of one, let me know. Now, I know this is rare to see a girl who can wrench on her own cars, but I can. I was in the Marines way back in the late 70's too....

Next project for the Taurus is to replace the front driver's side swaybar link. I've already replaced the serpentine belt, and a few small things. And I put in a Cd changer. Are there any common problems with these generation 4 Taurus' that I should be aware of? Thanks guys!!
Deb Hart

I changed my user name guys to 00Taurus since it was available.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
welcome to the club! No real problems for the gen4, except that it's not a gen3
Be sure to check out the info on Running Of The Bulls and some other meets!

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Welcome! I see you are lucky enough to drive a 2000 Taurus. I drive one as well. They are vastly superior to other years of this car, as most of the bugs have been worked out. However, one thing to consider is adding an aftermarket transmission cooler. They go for about 30 bucks online.

-Damon

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Hi Deb, Welcome to the TCCA. If you are looking for specific information the "search" button at the top of this page could save you time, but if you are just browsing around there is lots and lots to see, I suggest starting in the garage(button at top too) and check out some member's cars. Then I suggest heading over to the Performance forum, lots of great ideas in there, then check out the COTM (Car of the Month) forum, winners are selected by members, so they are the cream of the crop. If you have any questions, comments or complaints, or suggestions feel free to PM any MOD. or Admin Staff member.

Oh, yea I almost forget the most important thing, you need to prepare yourself for the oncomming addiction to this site, we all have gone throught the addiction.

One more thing I used to have a 1968 1/2 428CJ Fastback so I too have a love of the Mustang.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duratechie: Do I really need a trans cooler if I'm not hauling anything?? I've been told sometimes you don't want them to be too chillin.....

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by CincySES@Mar 3 2004, 02:10 PM
P.S.  Don't worry, it's not an all guys club, you'll find quite a few ladies here too
Cool glad to know that! So, dumb question, but what's the correct way of replying to a post?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by Deb Hart@Mar 3 2004, 01:54 PM
I'm looking for a super clean 64-65 Falcon, so if you know of one, let me know.
I don't know what a Falcon is
... oh wait yeah I do.
You can't have mine, but I can easily locate a Falcon for you. Please give me the following information:

1. Your location, and how far you are willing to travel for the car
2. Body style (Hardtop, 2dr. Sedan, 4dr. Sedan, SW, Ranchero, Convertible, Econoline, etc.)
3. Engine (144, 170, 200, 260, 289, 302, etc.)
4. Trans (2spd auto, 3spd auto, 3spd manual, 4spd manual)
5. Original/unrestored, restored to stock, or modified
6. Trim level (stripped, Sprint, Futura, buckets or bench)
7. Colors
8. How much do you want to spend?

Welcome to the club... it's the reason my Falcon is on the back burner lately.

Forgot to mention, you can reply to this message via PM (private message) since it doesn't really concern the rest of the TCCA. Just click on the "PM" icon under my signature.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by pimpjuice2@Mar 3 2004, 02:44 PM
wassup boo
Pimpjuice!!! What a name!

:flag:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Firespirit@Mar 3 2004, 03:03 PM
Oh yeah, where are you located?

Midwest here! (Indiana, specifically)
I'm in mid-Michigan. I changed my user name from Deb **** to 00Taurus since it was available, (with the help of the administrator--thanks!)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
welcome, where abouts in mi do u live? most of the midwest tcca is in the detriot area

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Firespirit@Mar 3 2004, 03:22 PM
Everyone is in Michigan! I'm in Michigan City.
Ha ha ha
Isn't Michigan City just over the border??? I don't have a map here at this moment....

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Try this one:

MAP <--- Click on that

Or this one: MI Map

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the TCCA! You'll find a lot of members in the Michigan area. They get together quite often too. Our annual meet is in South Haven this year, you should head out for a weekend getaway! Information is here: ROTB

You'll notice everything says "ROTB". It stands for Running of the Bulls.

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts