Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a pretty good chance your car windows are tinted, but there are some new rules on the way. And they don't just affect Georgia residents, but anyone driving in or through the Peach State.

Gov. Sonny Perdue signed a new law which says any tint on the windshield or on the two front windows that's darker than 32 percent is illegal, and a misdemeanor. And it doesn't sit well with many tourists.

Ronnie Saence was on his way home to North Carolina when we caught up with him, tinted windows and all. The new law doesn't seem fair to him.

"I think people in Georgia will know about it, but us? We're just visiting the state or coming through," he said. "I don't think it's fair."

And he's not alone. Interstate 95 is always bustling with traffic. And it will remain so, except now with unsuspecting motorists, who don't realize their darkened windows could mean money out of their pockets.

Some motorists say they'll think twice about traveling through Georgia on their next trip. "I'd take another car, I'd get rid of this one," said Charles Spriggs of Johnson City, Tennessee. "Just because of this law."

And this law's not only affecting motorists, but businesses too. The Auto Link is paying close attention to the law. Their business thrives on tinting windows.

"We specify to customers, straight up, that we are not permitted to allow to put on any tint any darker than what the legal limit is," noted owner John Almeida.

Almeida says the rules upset some, so they go elsewhere for darker windows. But he believes the new law will bring him new business. "When they get fined or cited for it, then they'll be wanting to pay us to take it back off and redo it again. So as soon as the law changes, we'll get busy in three or four months."

The law went into effect immediately, but the Georgia State Patrol says it won't actually be enforced until July 1.

Reported by: Melanie Ruberti, [email protected]

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My front ones are 30%. Gotta be sneeky....hmm right. :D Another option would be to drive through with the windows down...IF it doesn't rain lol!

Not to mention your from Roswell, where muscle-bound cops roam. I've been watchin "Police chase shows" on FX lol!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Ya I bet the shops up on 41 aint gonna like this. I have 5 on the rear and 10 on the front. I dont plan on taking it off.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by 95FORDT@May 5 2005, 09:11 PM
Ya I bet the shops up on 41 aint gonna like this. I have 5 on the rear and 10 on the front. I dont plan on taking it off.
Are you keeping the Taurus as a 2nd car?

After I finish college I wanna move back to Georgia...I hope by then the laws change back to the way it was. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
A slight bit off topic, but can anyone recommend a tint place somewhere around atlanta? I need to get mine done.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Theres a few good shops up on 41. At the source down roswell road off 41, only about maybe a mile at best, theres a spanish guy that taught me how to tint, hes been doing it for 20 something years. Very cool guy Id go there. I got quouted knowing him 200 all around for 5 %. And thats cash 200. Megga Maxx on 41 will do It too but I got my system there I havent seen any of their tint work. But If you do happen to do that at megga maxx theres a guy named Less there ask to hear his car, Itll be the white 300zx outside. Very Very loud for 500 watts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts