Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interior is getting boring, since i have Gen I POS, neons will look...well...."If two gay guys were walking down the street and saw it, they be like, pffft, ***"(yes I stole that from somone in these forums)
Anyway, I'm thinkin of getting new gauges, which will let me know when to baby my car, pretend to know everything about cars to impress people, etc. For this purpose I am thinking of oil temp, oil pressure, and transmission oil temp. Any other ideas? I also have only a vague idea how these all would get installed, and universal directions are crap, so anyone around here know how?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Why not go with the universal kits? It's not like they make special guage kits specifically for our cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats exactly what I am doing, but im not quite sure how theyd all hook up, specially the tranny oil temp and oil pressure. Any other gauges that would actually be useful (for driving, not car audio) that im missing?

B

·
0 Posts
What did the Gen 1 come with stock for gauges?

About the others, I can tell you this:

Oil pressure-get the electronic version. The mechanical ones are slightly more accurate, but you need to plumb a line that actually has oil in it into your car. Imagine the possibilities....

Oil temp-not important enough on a stock motor to need it.

Trans temp-this one's useful, if you drive in hilly areas or tow.

I would recommend going with standard gauges like oil pressure, volts and water temp. They are available it kits, and are easy to hook up.

Basically, you'll need to plumb in the sensors, which is really easy. Most times, you can just use a pipe thread tee and mount the stock sensor on one side, and the aftermarket gauge sensor on the other.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Jan 10 2004, 05:08 AM
What did the Gen 1 come with stock for gauges?
Taurus had a speedo, fuel guage, engine temp guage, and some idiot lights.
Sable had a tach, speedo, fuel guage, engine temp guage, and some idiot lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts