Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Tire Rack magazine in the mail a couple of days ago. In the back part about suspension, they had short blurb about a new product. Looks like they are making something to compete with the Monroe QuickStrut assembly.
KYB Strut-Plus Assemblies are engineered to restore a vehicle's original ride, handling and control capabilities. Shipped pre-assembled, the Strut-Plus complete corner unit assembly is easier and faster to install than traditional struts. No spring compressor is required.

The Strut-Plus Assembly includes KYB Excel-G Struts with components and valving designed specifically for each domestic or import car, truck, van, minivan or SUV application. Built to match or exceed O.E. quality, they are calibrated to compensate for worn suspensions.

Assembly Includes:

* KYB Excel-G Strut
* KYB Coil Spring
* Bearing Plate
* Boot Kit & Bumper
* Upper Spring Seat
* Upper and Lower Isolators[/b]
Tirerack has them listed as special order at the moment, 192 for each corner up front (204 @ Rock Auto) and 137 for each corner in the rear (145 @ rock auto).

I fired off an email to KYB to get the spring rate and load per spring figures to compare with QuickStruts and the factory springs.

Anyone have any experience with them? Is the Excel-G a decent strut compared to stock or the strut used on Monroe QuickStruts? Oddly the new KYB product only shows up if you plug in a G4 on TireRack and Rock Auto. I included a question about that in the email as well (even though we know they are identical).

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they said they won't hand out those numbers as that is giving away too much data from their R&D or something. Fair enough.

JR was right, KYB has made StrutPlus assemblies to match a brand new 1996-1999 model, and to match a brand new 2000-7 model...whereas Monroe QuickStruts are lumped together for 96-07 using G3 figures (is that true?).

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
The Quickstruts are basically smack in the middle between G3 and 4 ratings. There's a thread I made after I contacted Monroe about the springs...I'll find it when it's not so late :lol2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts