Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading on the Internet for a couple of years Ford will bring out a slightly lifted wagon based on the Fushion or Mondeo platform to compete with Subaru.Due to supply chain issues and covid it has been delayed.
I have to baby my old Taurus wagon for a few more years I guess.
I cannot understand the love of SUV’s over wagons except women like sitting up higher and their skirts don’t slide up as much getting in.Too bad!
If you think about it wagons generally-have a lower centre of gravity so they handle better.Don’t push as much air on highways for better fuel economy.Are more stable in crosswinds,have a lower cargo floor for loading heavy items,and are easier for my dog to jump into.And they look cool!
It doesn’t matter if it’s a Audi or an Escape,they all look like a big Potato to me.Every second car is a wagon in Europe,and Japan have some beautiful looking wagons.Check out the Mazda 6 or Honda Accord Wagon.
Stupid SUV’s I am sick of looking at them!
And I do feel better now.🤮
I

·
Registered
2017 Ford Taurus
793 Posts
I have been reading on the Internet for a couple of years Ford will bring out a slightly lifted wagon based on the Fushion or Mondeo platform to compete with Subaru.Due to supply chain issues and covid it has been delayed.
I cannot understand the love of SUV’s over wagons except women like sitting up higher and their skirts don’t slide up as much getting in.Too bad!
If you think about it wagons generally-have a lower centre of gravity so they handle better.Don’t push as much air on highways for better fuel economy.Are more stable in crosswinds,have a lower cargo floor for loading heavy items,and are easier for my dog to jump into.And they look cool!
It doesn’t matter if it’s a Audi or an Escape,they all look like a big Potato to me.Every second car is a wagon in Europe,and Japan have some beautiful looking wagons.Check out the Mazda 6 or Honda Accord Wagon.
I
This is all being pushed by the car companies and Gov,t fuel regulations! I love my 17 Taurus and will keep it as long as possible.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I
Few good ones out there, I could not go look at this one due to family medical issues. I did get '04
super clean and loaded from VA, no rust. $4500. So that makes for me 3 silver frost wagons. First 2 sold.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ford making a new Wagon for the North American Market???? No way. Only gas power vehical will be the Mustang, everything else EV truck or SUV. Not counting big trucks / vans.

Now in China you can get a 2022 Taurus.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Biggest problem for me with driving a low car is getting caught between two SUVs in a parking lot and can't see to back out. Whenever possible, I park a ways out from the store entrances, because you can bet the SUV driving crowd are also hell-bent on getting the closest possible parking space. [tongue in cheek]

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Biggest problem for me with driving a low car is getting caught between two SUVs in a parking lot and can't see to back out. Whenever possible, I park a ways out from the store entrances, because you can bet the SUV driving crowd are also hell-bent on getting the closest possible parking space. [tongue in cheek]
^+1. Same with being parked next to a city block long raised 4-door pickup, lol! Backin' out of a stall can be sketchy/treacherous!

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,091 Posts
This was discussed by Ford but was axed because they’d be importing it from China and it would have been subject to tariffs. There’s no plants in the NAFTA region available to build something like that, especially in the low volumes it would likely sell.

(There technically is space at Flat Rock but Ford’s used that extra capacity for a variety of things (including as a second line for the last gen Fusion for a few years), and it’s often used as a repair ground for vehicles that need adjustments coming off the line, like the first few months of Explorers. Last I heard it was being kept open for potential EV production.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts