Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
What brand are those?

I've been looking for something like those for the wife's Freestar LTD since Ford was kind enough to only offer fogs on the SES or Monterey.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Looks great! How did you wire them?

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
^ exactly that, more info please and some daytime lights off pics.

anyone concerned with wiring...

go to autozone and grab a wiring kit, they are usually $20. put the power to the battery to a better 12v spot like an open fuse or something, then run the wires under the intake box down through the firewall hole which you CAN reach with your fingers if you get the right angle, i use a straight coat hanger, then tape the wire to it and push it through. then simply ground the black wire to the switch that comes and the wiring and mount the switch somewhere in the car. its super easy once you do it once.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We measured and cut out sections of the bumper and then installed small blocks of wood which allowed the lights to have something to sit on(they are glued to the blocks). We then fed the wiring up through a hole next to the headlight and then ran it back along the side. We then ran it through a small opening(it may differ) and then ran the wiring behind the steering wheel and thats where we installed the switch. Its still mediocre as of now but were gonna put another switch in. The fog lights we bought at autozone. They can be found at most auto stores.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Did you know you can use a Ford f-150 headlight switch with the foglight option, it will make it look OEM, if that's what you would like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you know you can use a Ford f-150 headlight switch with the foglight option, it will make it look OEM, if that's what you would like.
thats even better. They look nice bro, its just that switch that's killing it, looks kinda awkward. I might do something like that, it looks clean

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can get the Motorcraft switch used in the Sables

and use it by adding the 2 additional pins to the wiring harness.

Just go to motorcraft.com and use a Sable rather than a bull for the model.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Don, I don't know where this F-150 switch was mentioned but the Gen 4 Sable LS switch is the one you'd want to use. F-150s have a differently shaped switch- it doesn't fit into our dashboard without cutting.

·
Registered
294 Posts
does the f150 switch fit right into the same hole as the taurus one?
couldnt i use a sable one with the pull out knob for the fogs as well?

EDIT: just read the second page of this thread. all my questions were answered. lol. except how do you wire the fog lights to the pull out part of a sable switch?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wiring diagram for connector C205A

does the f150 switch fit right into the same hole as the taurus one?
couldnt i use a sable one with the pull out knob for the fogs as well?

EDIT: just read the second page of this thread. all my questions were answered. lol. except how do you wire the fog lights to the pull out part of a sable switch?
Shows pin 6 & 13 as the pins for the foglamps.

I just took a set of pins from a junk harness when I added autolamp to my sable (yes there's a older kit for that F8AZ-13B218-AA) also.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Don, I don't know where this F-150 switch was mentioned but the Gen 4 Sable LS switch is the one you'd want to use. F-150s have a differently shaped switch- it doesn't fit into our dashboard without cutting.
Brian, sorry ..I didn't realize at first that an F-150 switch will not fit a Gen 4. I was going by the mod that silvapain did with the switch on his '98 SHO. Yes, I realize that the F-150 switch cover needs to be replaced with the Taurus cover, and the LED indicator needs to be modified but the unit itself is plug and play just for the Gen 3's...sorry for the wrong info.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I stand corrected.. Here's the swicth pinout

Shows pin 6 & 13 as the pins for the foglamps.

I just took a set of pins from a junk harness when I added autolamp to my sable (yes there's a older kit for that F8AZ-13B218-AA) also.
Should be pins 2 & 5 and if you find an '05 Sable LS without auto climate control it should have a switch with foglamp but no auto.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
my 02 sable LS had the switch with no auto lamps, so basically any g4 sables headlight switch will do the trick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts