8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
This is a great move by Ford. Not only do we North Americans get a Focus we have long since should have had, but American workers gain from building the cars in the US for export to the rest of the world.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Europe has the C2 platform focus. the new global focus will be built on the brand spaking new C3 platform.

I can't wait for a new mazdaspeed 3 on the C3 platform.

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (93taurusSX @ May 6 2009, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723302
QUOTE (jason8225 @ May 6 2009, 12:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723277
Well it's about damn time, the europeans have only had the thing for the past 3 years! They NEED to make the RS here too. I wonder if that's the River Rouge plant that theyre retooling? I just took my family there for the factory tour a few weeks ago.
[/b][/quote]
Cool thing is that there has been an RS in Dearborn lately.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Seen an Frozen White '09 RS the other day crusin' down I-94. Was quite the amazing car. Glad I live less than 20 minutes from the old Expy/Navigator plant where the new Focus will be built. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
This is really cool, FocusFanatics is going nuts about this over there

linky to the RS

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
that's really some positive news, I'm really rooting for Ford to get some edge back into their lineup ever since the SVT group went into hibernation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Exactly. People say, "Oh SVT is done; they've been done. They just made the Raptor and put SVT badging on it to look like SVT is done."

Oh really? :rolleyes2: Well, how about the fact that SVT, although not badged, made most of the SE Mustangs and the GT not too long ago. Just because the Lightning, Focus SVT, Mustang SVT ain't around don't mean SVT ain't around. They went into hibernation as Ford Performance. I think Ford realized how popular SVT really is anymore. I would absolutely LOVE to see some SVT cars and F150s and maybe even Ranger or the potential F100? :x: haha. That would be sweet, but mostly dreams. :p

Having the Focus RS over here would make it potent on the "hot hatch" market. Focus RS and MazdaSpeed3 would eat the competition fork and knife. Especially with that scare of the RS being cancelled, but Ford decided it was financially sound enough to produce it. Also, a Fiesta RS or SVT would be kinda nice for a little bit of a sportier alternative to cars like the Yaris (aka bland).

RS and SVT just go hand-in-hand with one another. Who knows, RS could be rebadged as SVT after "Americanization" ensues and some slight tweaks allow it to run in America.

haha. Now I am just babbling. :p

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
FINALLY. :banana:

It's about time. Sign me up for an RS in radioactive glow green please. :x:

And don't call that model SVT...RS has history too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts