Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I know there is a lot of getting used to this new software, but I wanted to take a minute to tell you about a few new features that can be found here!

Social Groups: I created a new group for each generation that you can join. It will display in your profile. You can also create groups of your own that are either Taurus/Sable related or Misc.

Reputation: Each post made has a REP button in the lower left. You can use this to give the OP positive or negative feedback. We really stress that you use neg rep only when absolutely needed. Positive rep is a fun way to help build your Rep Power! The more Rep Power you get the better rep you can give out!

Gallery: We now have a photo gallery! Each member can post up to 50 photos.

Garage: The new Garage is admittingly less feature packed than the old one, but it is still functional and fairly easy to use.

iTrader: iTrader is a module that allows you to give feedback to other members after a purchase or sell. This helps other members decide on whether or not to do business with another member.

You can also find links to the Encyclopedia and Wiki in the Community Drop Down. While you are exploring the new forums, be sure to visit your User CP and adjust your settings and options. Some of the PM settings have changed during the conversion.

If you guys have any questions about any of the new features or settings...post them here. I am pretty proficient with vB so I may be able to answer them. But please, we already have other topics for complaints and wish lists, lets keep this thread on topic.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Social group contacts

Is there any way to set up for e-mail notices for social group activity? One problem with the "social group" section on the SHOforum is no way of notifying members of activity.

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any way to set up for e-mail notices for social group activity? One problem with the "social group" section on the SHOforum is no way of notifying members of activity.
Once you are in a group, scroll down to the bottom right and you should see Group Tools>Subscribe. This will take you to another screen that allows you to set email notification.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I don't think I fully understand reputation or how it's supposed to be used. Since mostly everyone is starting with 0 rep, it's no issue yet - or probably for awhile for that matter. But how does it work when users get a lot of reputation?
Will their reputation be more "powerful" than a person with a low rep? Or will a set value be used?

Is it possible to abuse negative rep? And when is neg rep supposed to be used? Is this all explained somewhere else that I missed?

Sorry, I'm only on 3 forums and only one other uses rep (I'm only a lurker on that one) so this is all new to me.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I would assume that reps are for bragging rights and there really isn't any power from having a lot of them.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Barry, on the trader score, how about people who have built a good reputation with many past sales?
Can this be brought back up from the old forum layout?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Once you are in a group, scroll down to the bottom right and you should see Group Tools>Subscribe. This will take you to another screen that allows you to set email notification.
Thanks!

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think I fully understand reputation or how it's supposed to be used. Since mostly everyone is starting with 0 rep, it's no issue yet - or probably for awhile for that matter. But how does it work when users get a lot of reputation?
Will their reputation be more "powerful" than a person with a low rep? Or will a set value be used?

Is it possible to abuse negative rep? And when is neg rep supposed to be used? Is this all explained somewhere else that I missed?

Sorry, I'm only on 3 forums and only one other uses rep (I'm only a lurker on that one) so this is all new to me.
Rep is just a way of sending a thank you to someone for a good post, helpful post or even just something that made you laugh. Neg rep can be given to someone who consistently trolls the forum but within the limits of the rules to avoid being banned. By hitting him with neg rep, his profile will show red squares and label him as a less than becoming member. Like I said, neg rep should not be abused by hitting someone for a bad joke or something minor like that...save it for the big stuff! Neg rep can and will be turned off if it is abused.

Barry, on the trader score, how about people who have built a good reputation with many past sales?
Can this be brought back up from the old forum layout?
This is a good question. I don't think our old post style feedback can be brought over to iTrader...it will probably have to be re-entered. You can PM people that have already given you feedback and ask them to add it into iTrader for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts