Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

New Exhaust

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  kc2giw 
#1 ·
I am planning on adding Series 40 Flows but I haven't decided how I want the exit pipes. I have a guy at work Photochopping pipes for me. One option is similar to the duals on a '91-'93 Mustang LX. The other option is to have twin pipes exiting in the center. What's everyone's opinion?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, nice wish! If you can find molded side-skirts made for side exhaust for a Gen 4, I'd think about it but the interior noise is increased.

#5 ·
I remember someone in a black SHO having routed his dual exhaust to exit in the center of his back bumper. Looked really nice, albeit it did create more restrictions to the exhaust system (think of it as replacing the tailpipes with another 90 bend so it will exit at the center of the bumper instead of at the corners)

G
#6 ·
I'd got SVT Contour style... but that would require cutting the bumper quite a bit. You could always go Crown Vic PI style. Just good ole traditional duals peeping from under the bumper kinda like the mid to late 90's 'stangs

#11 ·
Hey guys, I had this idea, what do you think...could be good, could be dumb. I was thinking for my gen 4 to mount the muffler farther up the car...under the middle part and have over the axle pipes bent up.. then use 3 inch exhaust tips out the back. That's what I did on my old crown vic and it looked real nice....like a mustang. use those big truck tips that are 18 inches long. have two of them comin out the back of the Taurus....what do you think? I think it might just look hot...

#13 ·
Actually the new Murauder has tips that look somewhat like the mustangs did. Strait out the back with no turn downs. If you do this, make sure they are chrome and don't let them stick out too far. Maybe have them more towards the outsides like the mustangs do.

#16 ·
Originally posted by kc2giw@Mar 24 2004, 10:12 PM
Hey guys, I had this idea, what do you think...could be good, could be dumb. I was thinking for my gen 4 to mount the muffler farther up the car...under the middle part and have over the axle pipes bent up.. then use 3 inch exhaust tips out the back. That's what I did on my old crown vic and it looked real nice....like a mustang. use those big truck tips that are 18 inches long. have two of them comin out the back of the Taurus....what do you think? I think it might just look hot...
That's exactly what I wanted to do. I was looking at buying a cheap pipe bender and doing it myself, but the bender to do pipe over 2" was $199 so I might a well take it somewhere and have it done.

#19 ·
Originally posted by spridget@Mar 25 2004, 12:31 AM
i think the a** end of the taurus sits too low for that look to work, but I agree it would look sexy on a crown vic.
did look sexy. Sounded perfect too. I think it might just be doable. I feel bad sayin this, but i haven't been under my car yet. Is there enough room down there to get a muffler in front of the rear axle so this is possible. I think it would really end up comin out nice. If i do it, i'll make sure yo grab some pics...just a silly idea i had, but i'm liking it more and more every day...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.