Registered
559 Posts
its not ricey well only when I rev it high then let it go
it will start coffing on its way down the rpm's but
I think it sounds cool

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I have 4 MagnaFlow mufflers on my SHOShop cat back. It was the only way to get rid of the rasp that I had from 4,000 to 5,000 rpm and to quiet the car down some more. I still set off alarms in parking structures. I can still hear some rasp but it tolerable now. I have two 2.5" bullet style one just after the y-pipe next to the shifter and one next to the gas tank. I have two 2.25" oval mufflers tucked behind the bumper. I wish I could have gotten them higher up so they would not show as much.

Bob

·
Registered
176 Posts
if anybody has sounds of the magnaflows that would be great...cause I am very interested and it looks just what I have been looking for and anybody know the hp gain from em? If I was to go to say a 3" or 2.5" pipe from the catback

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I put dual Ractive mufflers on my car and cut the resonator and 3rd cat off. One word...beef! My car gets mistaken for a v8 at low RPM's. Its not ricey at all. I have the vulcan engine.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Originally posted by Speedy@Jan 13 2004, 11:36 PM
if anybody has sounds of the magnaflows that would be great...cause I am very interested and it looks just what I have been looking for and anybody know the hp gain from em? If I was to go to say a 3" or 2.5" pipe from the catback
My 1991 SHO gained 5hp peak on the dynojet adding the SHO Shop Cat-back (2.5" from the y-pipe, splitting into two 2.25" all mandrel bends) after I had done all of the bolt-ons.

Extrude Honed Intake
Big Bore Butterflies
Matching Gaskets
80mm MAF
LPM
Cone Filter
Cold Air Can
Intake Horn
SHO Shop Y-pipe with hi-flow cats

All the power increase was above 5,000 rpm. Gained far more noise than hp. I am not sure if you will see any hp on a stock engine.

Bob

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I added 2 MagnaFlows. I used the stock dual setup, chopped off the stock mufflers and added the MagnaFlows. There is only a slight sound increase. The tone is low, but quite muffled. It actually took a few days for the mufflers to "break in". The sound changed over the first week from almost ricey to mellow. With the butt dyno I noticed a little more pull in the higher RPMs. I'm debating whether or not to chop off the resonator and add a performance resonator or a straight pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts