Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will cat back exhaust for gen 2 sho fit a gen 2 gl? Also can i put a dual exhaust on my gl without major modifications. I like the 40 series sound but dont know if i want duals or just a new single. Any help along these lines would be great.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The SHO system will fit. I know it says it wont but I saw a big write up on it a couple years ago. And I am talking about the One directly from the SHO. And its got to be the same GEN

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweetness, that really broadens my options. BTW is there really any (power)difference between a dual exhaust and a single on a vulcan taurus. I just dont want to spend unnecisarily you know.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
There will not be any performance difference unless you choose to go with a bigger diameter pipe overall. If you get duals, remember to get the exhaust hanger for the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
There will not be any performance difference unless you choose to go with a bigger diameter pipe overall.
There will probably be very minimal difference either way. I highly doubt you will feel a noticable increase by adding an exhaust system on a vulcan. That engine just doesn't move enough air for the stock exhaust to become a restriction.

Maybe 5 hp at best, but most engines vary 5hp or more day to day depending on just the weather. (temp, and humidity).

You can do a lot of other mods before the exhaust becomes a restriction.

Jeramie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts