Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Man, looking at that was literally like a punch in the gut!!! A truly rare and beautiful specimen of automotive art and excellence, trashed......

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Well then, there's only 398 left in the world.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
There is no way that is repairable. It has a carbon fiber monocoque frame, which I'm sure is severely damaged.

Hopefully the owner upgraded to something better, like a Carrera GT.

·
Registered
746 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is too sad to see, truly one of the most amazingly designed cars on the road. i never wanted to see one look like that

Hopefully the owner upgraded to something better, like a Carrera GT.[/b]
the carrera GT isnt exactly better... little bit slower actually. the enzo is amongst the best, and i can name very few cars quicker than it.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I wanna know how the dumbass wrecked it. Not even 400 miles on the odo, that thing was still in the wrapper. Oh well, time to update wreckedexotics.com homepage.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Originally posted by hoss@Feb 12 2004, 10:22 AM
the carrera GT isnt exactly better... little bit slower actually. the enzo is amongst the best, and i can name very few cars quicker than it.
Has a Carrera GT even been tested yet for official numbers?

Anyways, I would never pay $500k for a car with an interior that is as bare as the Enzo. Plus, the Porsche looks a millions times better.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13+Feb 12 2004, 02:57 PM-->QUOTE (jtkz13 @ Feb 12 2004, 02:57 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-hoss
@Feb 12 2004, 10:22 AM

the carrera GT isnt exactly better...  little bit slower actually.  the enzo is amongst the best, and i can name very few cars quicker than it.
Has a Carrera GT even been tested yet for official numbers?

Anyways, I would never pay $500k for a car with an interior that is as bare as the Enzo. Plus, the Porsche looks a millions times better.
[/b]
Yeah, but I can bet the people who bought the Enzo didn't buy it because of it's looks

Sad, but...I'm sure it could be repaired. Of course, whats the point of having a junk collector car?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Ferrari Enzo
$643,330
6.0L V12
650 bhp
485 tq
0-60 3.3sec
1/4 mile 11.1 @ 133.0mph
3230lbs

Porsche Carrera GT
$440,000
5.7L V10
612 bhp (DIN)
435 tq
0-60 3.9sec
1/4 mile NA
3190lbs

for what its worth..... the Saleen S7 has numbers VERY close to the Ferrari and costs $45,000 less than the Porsche.

And like nibbleableniles said, who wants a $700,000 car with a salvage title? I don't think the chassis can be fixed. And if it could it would have to be sent back to Italy to be done right. Even $250,000 is too much for that car IMO.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Little Ricer Billy always wanted to get the wide mouth body kit for his car, and now he finally had a chance to do so
<_<

A few weeks back on Discovery they had this show on companies that did custom car work, and they were putting new rims on an Enzo and had to load it on a trailer to take it a few miles to another shop, guy driving the thing looked like a sweating mess. Cars cost around 650 new, after they sold all of them jumped to over 1.3mil. Oh yeah and to buy one you had to already have owned the F50 and another really expensive model, you couldnt just go in and order an Enzo.

BTW an oil change on that car will set you back $8,000
if I remember right. Need new brakes? Shell out over $32,000 for ceramic discs

But then lets face it when you got 1.3 mil to blow an oil change aint s*** to ya!!!

As for the low miles, you'll see 10-20 year old super cars with under 10k miles, some under 5k or virtually no miles. Why??? Because they were used only on the track, mostly HARD!!! So few miles equal quite a bit of wear on everything from high speeds, and the last thing you want is a high mileage car like that, and you thought 60k on a SHO was expensive???

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
I'm jus gonna stick with my "oh not so fast" GL. When I bought it, it had damage similar to that <_< not so expensive, but similar i.e. busted ft.bumper, headlights, header, left fender, windshield, right rear door, and rear bumper. Oh almost forgot bent and broken left inner tie rod. "very repairable" fixing all of the above only cost about $700.00 with myself doing all the labor.

Check out the pics in my sig. link.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
But it's "very repairable[/b]
".

Yea it has a salvage title its not even worth it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts