Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, just saw a chevy commercial. Some of the new chevy cars are simply retchid.

Chevy Aveo (The lego): *grabs magnifying glass*
Chevy Malibu Maxx: Goofy looking, but i like the "nomad-ish" looks.

Chevy did actually do something right though.
C6 Corvette: *grabs drool bucket* Those things are sexy.
Chevy SSR: *drools (less than for the vette), but drools anyways*

So yeah. Im glad ford has a decent idea of what nice cars look like. Sheesh. I think some of the Chevy designers are headless, or radical cubists.

A

·
0 Posts
The corvette looks like it's trying to copy the new vipers. That pisses me off...

And that ssr. Is that a car? a truck? I don't get it....

·
Registered
549 Posts
i looked at the new malibu up close inside and out. I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Personally I would rather have a late 70's or early 80's vette any day over that thing. The is just no imaginatin to sex appeal anymore, as they steal design cues from all sorts of cars. I think the new C6 is a mutt. The front hood looks like a Dodge Viper. The sides look like an Acura NSX. The head lights, look like they are from a Toyota Camry.
The rear is about the same as the C5.
And remember those Chevron comercials with the dancing cars? Look at the face on the C6 with the big smile of a grill. Cover up the fog lights and it smiles at you. I mean for heaven sakes who wants a muscel car that smiles, laughes and dances at you? I do give them credit for the nice wheels though. And for the rest of the Chey line available, I don't have much to say.

I think this deserves a

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Feb 16 2004, 08:04 PM
ok, just saw a chevy commercial. Some of the new chevy cars are simply retchid.

Chevy Aveo (The lego): *grabs magnifying glass*
Chevy Malibu Maxx: Goofy looking, but i like the "nomad-ish" looks.

Chevy did actually do something right though.
C6 Corvette: *grabs drool bucket* Those things are sexy.
Chevy SSR: *drools (less than for the vette), but drools anyways*

So yeah. Im glad ford has a decent idea of what nice cars look like. Sheesh. I think some of the Chevy designers are headless, or radical cubists.
Man, vettes just keep getting more expensive, slower, and uglier.

My pops had a 67 or 69 stingray back in the day. Nice car, fast as hell.

If you really want a vette, go for a 70s or 80s one, they are actually quite affordable, especially the 80s ones.

-Damon

PS - almost forgot

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
sfblacksel Posted on Feb 16 2004, 07:11 PM
  Personally I would rather have a late 70's or early 80's vette any day over that thing. [/b]
MMMMM....... 185 hp ahhhhhhhhhhh........ smog pump :drools:

actually an 81 would be awesome but the motor would definatley be gone

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, if you really wanna see a striking resemblance to the C6 corvette, take a peek at the 575M Maranello Now that is just a blatant steal on Chevys part. To top it off, it will never come close to competing with that beast of a machine.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Vette's keep getting slower huh???

What the He-double-hockey-stick are you talking about?

The 2001 Z06, for instance, does 0-60 in 4.0 s right out of the box, quarter mile in high 12s @ like 120......

Even the base Vete is somewhere around 5s 0-60 and tops out over 170mph...

Oh yeah, and the new stock C6 will have 400hp, 400lbft and does 0-60 in about 4.0 and will break 175mph!!

Oh and as for those wonderful 70s vettes, try quarter mile in around 18s at around 85mph for some of the ones competing at the National Corvette Caravan down in Bowling Green....

·
Registered
663 Posts
A $50k C5 Corvette Z06 can hang with Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the track.
You can't even buy half of a Ford GT with $50k.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by civicex@Feb 17 2004, 01:41 AM
A $50k C5 Corvette Z06 can hang with Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the track.
You can't even buy half of a Ford GT with $50k.
So how many Ferrari's and Lambo's (or Civic's
) can you buy with $50k? Sorry guy, but say something like that around here, well you know the rest

The Ford GT is designed to out do those cars you mentioned, not merely run with them. And if it can't, there will be the new Shelby Cobra (drool, slobber, faint).

M

·
0 Posts
mark, you forgot the Chevy Colorado!! I've seen too many of those ugly a** cars around detroit...and the headlights are bright as can be....stupid chevy....

colorado

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by MySablesNameIsBruce@Feb 17 2004, 08:24 AM
mark, you forgot the Chevy Colorado!! I've seen too many of those ugly a** cars around detroit...and the headlights are bright as can be....stupid chevy....

colorado
i dont know about the plastic fender flares. but the sport ones look pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Again, I am amazed how GM stays the #1 Auto Maker in the world with ugly, unispired vehicles such as the ones posted in this thread.

I saw an Aveo a ocuple weeks ago. The only thing I thought was: "WTF was that?!"

Although the new Malibu looks pretty alright. I don't care much for the interiors.

They definatly need one of these...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I went to the Chicago Auto Show on Sunday. I made it a point to go to the Chevy display first to laugh at and spit on the Malibu Maxx. Unfortunately one of the Chevy Reps saw me and chased me away. Anyway, out of all the displays up the new Ford Trio (GT, Cobra, and Mustang) took the cake. They had the most attention of any car there. This was most definetly Ford's year.

BTW, Sat in the SVT, Nismo, and Saleen Focus'. Drool. All three had onboard Nitrous Xpress.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mean Green@Feb 17 2004, 02:38 AM
The Ford GT is designed to out do those cars you mentioned, not merely run with them. And if it can't, there will be the new Shelby Cobra (drool, slobber, faint).
It can, pick up the, I believe it was January or February, issue of car and driver - they ran it against a ferrari and the porsche 911 turbo - it whooped both!

They said the only ferrari it can't beat is the enzo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by TheNeoTony@Feb 16 2004, 11:23 PM
Well, if you really wanna see a striking resemblance to the C6 corvette, take a peek at the 575M Maranello Now that is just a blatant steal on Chevys part. To top it off, it will never come close to competing with that beast of a machine.
uh...you do know that the 575M has been lookin like that for quite some time now right? the headlights...have been there since like 97 or 98 so...i'm thinkin that chevy did a lil euro theft and robbed ferrari. All the chev's listed in this thread so far suck except the colorado...yea i'm not one for the giant PLASTIC fenders on the 4X4 version but they'll do away with them like they did on the Avalanche....hopefully. The aveo? deserves a twilight quote "wtf omg lol !!!!!!!1" the vette? ah hell...i hate it, looks to euro...jap or w/e i dunno to me it looks like what would happen if a ferrari, nsx and corvette mated and gm is goin down hill fast. Though i like the Maxx reminds me of like a cruddy limo or something...

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Lego bricks look a hell of a lot better than that Aveo. Please don't compare them.

Then again, I'm biased. I work at Legoland and I think that Aveo is very ugly car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts