Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So added to my 2 Sables.

OK so it is not a real Taurus, just some old Lin.

10 years old and 40K miles.

VA car, no rust, super NO RUST!

-chart-

·
Registered
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet upgrade from your Sable Stable. Leather is nice and good tunes as well!! Break it in gently!! Looks like a real find!!
Be well, stan
So, I traded a seriously used up '02 Lin cont and little over $5K. Drove 375 miles to trade, down in VA. Wonder why the replaced both ball joints under warrenty, as per CarFax. One owner, no wrecks, no issues. Born on date 4-02 which was after they stopped taking orders, and they made up speculation cars from left over parts and such. So not having a sun roof was not the norm, but few were painted "tri-coat" due to extra cost. It is Ivory Parchment Pearl Tri-Coat". Wife loves the color. ;)

Only concern it appers to have original tires all around. Good tread, but little aged. They used a special tire by Michelin and although possible to replace exact, doubt any one would.

Been sitting for a while. Serviced year and a half ago and not driven since. I'll change oil today.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That is a heck of a find. That's the nice part about Taurus/Sables and luxury models like Lincolns, there's always some senior citizens out there who barely drive 'em. How was the drive back? Are there any issues with the car besides the tires?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Only concern it appers to have original tires all around. Good tread, but little aged. They used a special tire by Michelin and although possible to replace exact, doubt any one would.

-chart-[/QUOTE]
I think they are the run flat like on the Cadillac and Riviera models. I think that means $400 each. Sometimes luxury has it's cost. LOL!! Just jealous with what I am driving.:lol2:

·
Registered
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

-chart-
I think they are the run flat like on the Cadillac and Riviera models. I think that means $400 each. Sometimes luxury has it's cost. LOL!! Just jealous with what I am driving.:lol2:[/QUOTE]

No not on this one:

See pic, that is what they did on later ones. (my '02 and my '02)

On my '96 they looked normal to me, ran really well, smoothe, quiet, never needed re balance. So I went to Michelin dealer with the numbers for replacement, and he said something like this: You really do not want that tire. It is special order due to high speed rating. Maybe something like a "Y". They had the regular "H" = 118 mph tire in stock. So, I have no idea what the high speed tire cost but the regualr tire had the same tread and they wore fine and never needed balance.

Now, my '02 that I bought new had the MXV4 and two were replaced at 50K and two at 75K. Since I live in the snow belt, we do not wear our tires down to the 2/32 bars. People who do that leave their cars at Pick A Part.

So I am happy with those tires.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So added to my 2 Sables.

OK so it is not a real Taurus, just some old Lin.

10 years old and 40K miles.

VA car, no rust, super NO RUST!

-chart-
New discovery. The brake seemed to be a bit high and agressive for me. I looked down there and saw something strange. Seems they had tie wrapped pedal extensions on the brake and accel. :lol2:

So now I am sure it is the LITTLE old lady car.

Way too much for me. Cut them off.

When you think you have seen it all:

-chart-

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

-chart-[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the get a way driver in O Brother Where art thou!!
The little boy had blocks on the pedals to help him drive. Highly modified Model T I believe. Great movie!! Glad to see you having fun with your now offical granny car. Does it smell like fabreeze??:p

·
Registered
3,377 Posts

-chart-

Reminds me of the get a way driver in O Brother Where art thou!!
The little boy had blocks on the pedals to help him drive. Highly modified Model T I believe. Great movie!! Glad to see you having fun with your now offical granny car. Does it smell like fabreeze??:p[/QUOTE]
white shoulders :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts