Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
What did they say when you asked them? They are likely you're best bet for an answer.

I've been talking to Comp Cams about having some done. Seems they don't carry blanks for these engines so they can do regrinds but I don't have further info yet. I'll post more when I can get it.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Cams typically rotates the torque curve increasing torque and hp at the upper rpm range for a loss of some torque at the lower rpm range. You need to make sure you have done all the other mods to get the most from the cams. For example, on my SHO I have already done all the mods to support cams and forced induction. Extrude Honed Intake, BBB, 80mm MAF, Cone filter in a can, Intake horn, y-pipe, cat-back, and LPM. To make use of the power I have installed a Quaife, SS Linears, Konis, 13" Baer Brakes, SFC, and replaced all the bushings.

Bob

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by Doc@Jan 29 2004, 09:40 PM
What did they say when you asked them? They are likely you're best bet for an answer.

I've been talking to Comp Cams about having some done. Seems they don't carry blanks for these engines so they can do regrinds but I don't have further info yet. I'll post more when I can get it.
the blocks for the vulcans are the same as the the vulcans on the rangers, right? IF so, you could use a ranger cam. The torque will not be where you want it on the cam, but you could use a ranger blank to get a custom ground one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was told at one point by comp-cams that it would be 250-300 for a custom cam regrind. But this involves getting another cam - which since thats one part of the car I have YET to tinker with I have no clue how hard this is to yank one from JY.

I like the idea about inquiring on a ranger cam, go to a ranger board and start asking about anyone who got a cam regrind and what it did to them. Keep in mind the Torque and HP will be VERY MUCH different because of the transmission and the rear end gears.

Good Idea though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts