Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new bumper for Rex today. Best part was that it only cost $30! :D

I installed it as soon as I got home. I did not need to use the SHO bumper foam. The SLO foam fit fine.

It's in pretty good condition, but it needs to be repainted to match my car so I'll just sand out the scratches before I get it painted.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That looks great. Once you have it painted you may have the only Light Saddle SHO bumper on a Taurus in the world. Unless there is a factory oddity out there somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That depends... what color was Sal's Sable/SHO?

I know it was the gold color, but I don't remember if it was the 96-97 or 98-99 color.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, you're right! Sal's SHOable was the 98-99 color :D

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Cool Sean, you now will have a unique car after you paint the bumper!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, after going through 6 bumpers, I've finally found one that will stay :)

Original SLO Bumper
Green G4.5 Bumper
Silver ZX2 Bumper
Black Focus Bumper
New SLO Bumper
White SHO Bumper

:p

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

No pictures of the silver ZX2 bumper on the car, I never drove with it on. Just had it on for a couple minutes to see what it was like.

And as for rear bumpers, I've had 3 of those so far :p

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Nice find sean, I wish I could find an SHO bumper for that cheap. I actually just wish I could find an SHO bumper

Oh, when did you get HIDs and what happened to the SHO rear bumper?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:p I don't have HIDs... They are cheap bulbs off ebay that have a blue tint to them. But they have fooled more than just you.

And the SHO rear bumper was sent to the body shop to be painted in the fall. Still not sure if it's actually painted yet or not, but they have it. Dad and I agree that there really is no rush, and I might as well let it sit in the climate controlled body shop until spring. But once the weather gets better, Dad's gonna start asking what is up with it taking so long, and he says I will probably end up not getting charged for paint or labor.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
thats cool, I would totally let my bumper sit in a shop for a few months if I got it painted for free. I always got my stuff painted in a few days, thats probably because my cousin was the one painting it

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I have the SHO rear bumper, Spoiler, and a Lightbar sitting there... waiting patiently... :D

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
That would be awesome if you got all of that painted for free. That would save you about $300- $400
[/b]
Doubt it would cost $300-400 to get those items painted, It only cost me $500 to get my entire car painted! It indeed would be sweet though, nothing beats free stuff!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
That would be awesome if you got all of that painted for free. That would save you about $300- $400
[/b]
Doubt it would cost $300-400 to get those items painted, It only cost me $500 to get my entire car painted! It indeed would be sweet though, nothing beats free stuff!
[/b][/quote]

well it would probably cost that much at the shop i get my stuff painted at, it cost me $100 to get my lightbar and spoiler painted and $100 to get my side skirts painted. i think they priced me $300+ to repaint my bumper and get all the pecks and dings out of it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts