1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I WANT!!!!! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Mmmm, I want to hook my PS3 and Comcast Dual Tuner DVR HDTV Box into it. Imagine the picture! :D

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Of course everyone is making fun of that.

Do you guys have any idea how big of a deal that was when it came out?

Mike
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
251 Posts

i win :rofl:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Funny I just got a new tv!!! I bought one 3 years ago from bestbuy, it fried out and they got tired of fixing it so they gave me $800 in store credit, not even half what I paid 3 years ago, but now for a comparable tv, it will do. I got a 47" 1080p lcd! ###### me in the beard its nice. sry just had to brag.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
PLEASE. This is where it was at

I remember watching this thing in the car on road trips when I was younger. Plugged into the cigerette lighter. Would cover myself and it under a blanket at night. Greatest thing ever! :lol2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess I would be dating myself to mention that our fist VCR as a kid you had to buy the clock/timer as an option and sat on top of the "Betamax" and you plugged the BMs power cord into it! Needless to say, it took 2 adults to lift it and set it on top of the TV. It was really funny watching my Dad try to not get mad at my Mom cause she couldn't lift her side!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
my Grandpa still has a console tv, complete with built-in turn-table, etc. its his only working tv right now. he told me how awesome that thing was when it first came out. pretty funny how times change.

remember the computers 10 years ago? or how bout before that? i can remember my parents old Compaq 386. it had a 1mb hard drive, a 64mhz processor, and 100kb of ram. my Grandad gave it to them when he got a new computer. he paid $7,000 for it brand new in the mid-80s...

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
QUOTE (mad2smile @ Apr 2 2009, 06:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714826
my Grandpa still has a console tv, complete with built-in turn-table, etc. its his only working tv right now. he told me how awesome that thing was when it first came out. pretty funny how times change.

remember the computers 10 years ago? or how bout before that? i can remember my parents old Compaq 386. it had a 1mb hard drive, a 64mhz processor, and 100kb of ram. my Grandad gave it to them when he got a new computer. he paid $7,000 for it brand new in the mid-80s...[/b]
I remember when my dad bought our first IBM clone when I was in third grade. It was a Packard Bell 486 w/ Win 3.1. I was like the only kid in my class with a computer and I thought I was hot stuff handing in printed essays while everyone else had to hand write them. I thought it was the coolest thing the day we upgraded the computer with a CD-ROM and the memory was upped to 32 MB. I didn't even have CDs and now I had TWICE the amount of RAM! I didn't even know what that meant at the time, but it had TWICE the RAM and a CD-ROM! And I thought I'd never fill that 1 GB hard drive. I was ahead of the technological curve among my peers at that point in life. Now I've become sort of a luddite.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (mad2smile @ Apr 2 2009, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714826

remember the computers 10 years ago? or how bout before that? i can remember my parents old Compaq 386. it had a 1mb hard drive, a 64mhz processor, and 100kb of ram. my Grandad gave it to them when he got a new computer. he paid $7,000 for it brand new in the mid-80s...[/b]
That Compaq had 512kB RAM, and a 10mB Disk, it also had a 5.25" FDD and as an upgrade you could get either the HD version of 5.25" that held 1.2mB or a 3-1/2" std-density of 720k or HD 1.44mB and if you really sprang you could get ALL of the upgrades, 10mB Ext'd RAM, both 1.2 and 1.44 floppies, the 30mb (and eventually the 40mB) and a VGA display for $2495 SRP in 1989! We didn't sell many of them, seeing as how the 286s were all under $2,000 fully loaded!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts