Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Taurus 3.5, replaced battery and did not do relearn for throttle until next day when she was not wanting to idle. I used a jumper from neg. batt. cable to positive terminal,waited a few minutes and reconnected battery. Turned key to on position and let it cycle therefor throttle sweep I assume, stick same problem, only thing is I have been able to take off and start stall over and over until up to why speeds,then she would run fine all day, next morning,wash repeat.... yesterday same thing but this time on the way home,outside temps fell pretty good and I barely made it home. I looked at the throttle and had very little carbon, tried by passing the man sensor no good, only codes were forO2 sensor but it just seems to coincidental this all started immediately after battery change, should I try pullingecu out completely...any suggestion would be great Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,798 Posts
Exactly what code or codes did you get? There are quite a number of O2 sensor codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. P2197 but this was after quite some time had passed with the problem if stalling, thought maybe it was set due to the way shes been running

1 - 3 of 3 Posts