Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 94 Taurus GL and I am trying to do some trouble shooting. I know i'm not the first one with this problem, as I have read other similar problems on here. The car was running fine and then one day i shut it off and it just wouldn't start up i could tell the fuel pump was not engaging. I tried to start it a day later and it started right up. So then the next day I tried to start it again and the same thing happend the fuel pump would not turn on and the car would just crank. Since then i have not played with it to much. Until today, I tried starting it again and you could hear the fuel pump turn on but not as strong as it normally does, then i started the car and it ran for about 20 seconds and died. I started it back up and it ran for about 5 seconds then died. Then after that it would just crank and not run at all.

Now i have been reading on this website and people have been describing these problems being related to either the "constant control relay module" or the "powertrain control module". I'm pretty sure i have found the CCRM which is right about the radiator. But im having trouble finding where the PCM is located or images of what it looks like.

If any one could tell me where these two modules are located i would greatly appreciate it. Once i know it will make it easier for me to start trouble shooting, testing wires, connection, plugging in new modules and such other things. Keep in mind i'm using schematics from a HAYNES manual i bought from advanced auto.

Any help would be of much value to me.

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been asked 100 times already.

thanks,
steve

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
The CCRM houses the fuel pump relay. When the car is having difficulty starting, have a friend attempt to start it, and give the CCRM a little whack with a wrench or a screwdriver or something. If the fuel pump suddenly turns on and then the car starts, then you'll know that the relay is sticking. I'm not saying that this is going to be the problem you have, but it's a very easy test that would at the very least, eliminate that possibility.

In the CCRM in my car, one of the fan relays will occasionally get stuck on, and I can shut if off by giving the CCRM a little whack with a cheap ratchet I have sitting in my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts