Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds repetitive, but i just bought 2 10's with a new amp, and my SHO is starting to confuse me with the amp kit i got. how do i run the wires to the battery and to the deck? i am new at this, so any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
94 Posts
First disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.

The amp kit should have come with a long power wire. On one end you will attach a ring terminal and that attaches to the positive side of the battery. There should be an inline fuse within 12 inches or so of the battery included in the power line. Remove the fuse for now and save it until you are done.

You have to route the wire through a grommet in the firewall. Each generation may be a little different but I think they all have one, if you do a search you should find the posts on where to look.

After you get it through the firewall remove the kick panels and door trim, they are held in by clips. Be careful not to break them. I used a chisel to slip it under and pry it close to the clip. Route it under the carpet and trim to the back and then either under or around the back seat and into the trunk.

Other end of the power wire is attached to the amp with a spader terminal, ground wire needs to be attached to the amp and the other end to a metal screw in the trunk that is relatively close to the amp.

Use RCA cables to connect the preout terminals of the head unit to the inputs on the amp. Then connect the speaker wire to the terminals on the amp. Watch the left and right on the rca's and the positive & negative on the speaker wire.

Try to run the power wire on the opposite side of any rca's or speaker wires to avoid noise.

Don't forget to put the fuse back in at the end.

I think thats everything... Good luck.

Just did it myself, it can be a pain in the ass but its worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts