Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted my ride to look a little better. I wanted to get bigger wheels than the 17" OEM. I wanted Black rims, but not too black. I wanted the new tires to be a tiny bit taller and a tiny bit wider than the stock 235/60/17. I did not want to spend lots of money. Tires needed replacement, so this was the perfect timing to do it.

So this is what I decided. I went with 19" wheels. Discount Tire Direct had these Drag DR-75 19" wheels with a polished a classically styled gloss black mesh wheel s with machined details on each spoke and rivets surrounding the lip. All the polished lip and chrome rivets satisfied my taste for "not too black" rims. At about $165 each, I was already feeling like trowing up for spending this amount of money (I did get $75 back due to a promotion). So to make me feel better, I decided to go with used tires. I know these people (for years) in Ebay (bestusedtires) that sell amazing quality used tires. They had a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat 245/50R19. I went with this size tire after using an amazing tire size calculator located at www.tiresize.com/calculator/ that calculated that I will get a 3/4 inch increase in width and about 1/2" increase in hight. The result was phenomenal and not too much of a change to the car enginnered specifications. And the 4 tires were about $200 shipped, with 9/32" of thread (new is 10/32"!).

So here it is....
Tell me what you think. First picture is what the car looked like when I bought it 2 years ago,"before" my mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts