Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does this do? My car goes into neutral evertime I stop and I have to move the shifter into neutral then back into drive to resume driving. Otherwise, shifting is great.

·
Registered
587 Posts
What exactly does this do? My car goes into neutral evertime I stop and I have to move the shifter into neutral then back into drive to resume driving. Otherwise, shifting is great.

i believe it is in the transmission ranger sensor it is made so you can start the car in park or neutral only no other gears. if you got a manual you may have one some were else besides the tr sensor what it sound like to me is your low on fluid i always check the fluid warm so take it threw a normal drive and check it. fill to line then run threw all gears. then take it on a drive again and re check remember trans fluid expand a bit when warm so do not over fill it. any ways hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe it is in the transmission ranger sensor it is made so you can start the car in park or neutral only no other gears. if you got a manual you may have one some were else besides the tr sensor what it sound like to me is your low on fluid i always check the fluid warm so take it threw a normal drive and check it. fill to line then run threw all gears. then take it on a drive again and re check remember trans fluid expand a bit when warm so do not over fill it. any ways hope this helps.
Fluid lever appears to be okay. I would hate to put a new trans in this car if it doesn't need one. I feel like it's some type of sensor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fluid lever appears to be okay. I would hate to put a new trans in this car if it doesn't need one. I feel like it's some type of sensor.
Why not take it to a transmission shop for a proper diagnosis? You've posted a few threads here about the issue and received half a dozen different responses in each. You're being led in many directions and possibly not the right one.

Just my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts