Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really, what ever happened to them now? They're so weak compared to how they used to be. My little brother has 2 of them (Recon and Longshot. I hardly call the shot "long"). They're relatively wimpy and shooting people point blank in the nuts with them doesn't even hurt.

I remember, way back, I used to have this gun called the Ballzooka. It had 5 barrels and you put 3 balls in each barrel. One pump would fire off a ball and rotate to the next barrel. So, with a quick hand, you could fire all 15 shots pretty fast, and those little yellow foam balls got some distance.

Even just 8 years ago, me and my brothers each got a nerf gun. They were all the same, I can't remember the name of them but they had 4 barrels and you put one dart in each barrel. You fired a shot, then pumped it to rotate to the next barrel and arm that shot. The rate of fire was much slower, and it only held 4 shots, but we could fire the darts all the way upstairs and they would still have the speed to be slightly intimidating.

Now, fast forward to today. These guns are pathetic. The Recon probably only fires 15-20 feet, it barely makes it across the living room and the "longshot" doesn't get much further.

Luckily, I found a wonderful forum called Nerf Haven. I didn't join, but I've been checking out their writeups about modifications, and I did a little bit of modifying to my brothers Recon. Now, it's much more fun to shoot people with....err...play with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEZrC7cuOyI

Before, it would barely make it to the living room door, now it goes straight through, and keeps on going!

On another note, I never realized how much of a following Nerf guns have. Some of these guys are a little crazy about their Nerf guns. Of course, most people who find out that there is a Taurus Club find that strange too. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably kids got shot in the eye and their parents sued the company
[/b]
That's what pisses me off about society. It's a given, that anything that shoots projectiles is dangerous to the eyes.

And who knows what else kids did. Maybe someone put the gun in their mouth and fired a dart down their throat, and choked to death on it. Or maybe someone just up and chucked the whole gun down the stairs, and it hit and killed their little sister on the way down or something.

Really, ANYTHING could, in some way, be made dangerous if you wanted too. The TV remote sitting next to me right now isn't dangerous, but if I chucked it at people's faces from 3 feet away then it would be.

I used to have this Fisher Price castle and a Fisher Price pirate ship way back when I was little. Both of them had a little cannon on it that shot little plastic cannonballs. They didn't shoot insanely far, but far enough to be fun to play with (a good 3-5 feet). Now, my little cousin has a new fisher price castle. The cannonball travels a grand total of 5 inches before dropping to the ground. Apparently, the castle was designed to attack it's own draw bridge with the roof mounted cannon.

Damn, toys really suck nowadays, don't they?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts