Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering if anyone in here likes neons on a taurus ? I am thinking of getting some and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me ???? thaks

P.S please fill in my poll
:king:

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
If installed with taste, not haste, they look good on anything.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They look awsome on taurus. Mine is a 99' SE, and I have a ton of neon. Full under body (blue), four foot on back dash (blue), 2 black light under dash, strobe in vent (white), and blue strobe's in headlights. Going to add some yellow in the engine bay, and when I finish building my trunk setup, I will add some blue ones in there. So I think neon is good. But as it always go, "To each is own". Hope this helps. But as it says in an above post. Must be done neatly and clean.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've installed two under car neon kits on mine, the side ones break constantly so some plexiglass or some sort of clear plastic should be installed for protection. I'm in the progess of fabricating it

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes, neons look wonderful on the taurus. I had green underglow on my gen 3 until i got pulled over :( I also have aqua led inner glow and cold cathode in the trunk above my subs. Here is a pic of how good it looks:
[attachment=32609:DSC_0637.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
QUOTE (Kiddchaos @ Mar 16 2010, 12:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=791647
I've installed two under car neon kits on mine, the side ones break constantly so some plexiglass or some sort of clear plastic should be installed for protection. I'm in the progess of fabricating it[/b]
They make kits with flexible leg strips. They're way more expensive than neon tubes but 1000 times better. Back when I bought my kit iirc it was around $200 off ebay. One I got came with 7 colors, 19ish patterns, wireless remote pretty kool.... Its been installed for a couple years now.. no problems.

Oh yes... please check with your local law on led lighting or you'll get a mean ticket. "Unapproved Equipment" its like $200 first offense. From what I've learned in my town... if u can see the tubes you cant have red,blue, green or orange. But if you cant see the tubes you can have any color you want. Be aware you can't dive around with them on u have to be parked.

Also just so that Id never have them on when Im driving... I wired them up so they would turn on when u open the door and turn off when you close the door.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FC6unmZV9s8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FC6unmZV9s8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts