Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had the CD Changer for 7 months and it already crapped out on me. It doesn't read the discs anymore, I've tried everything. All it does is go to the next disc. I think something is wrong with the laser. Of course I didn't get the warranty because I've never gotten the stupid warranty. So now I'm thinking of just getting the one Ford installs. Has anyone bought the changer from Ford? How much and do they install it? Plus will it fit in my center counsel?

G

·
what kind of changer was it?

I bought mine from a yard for real cheap, i suggest the same!
the dealer wants somewhere around 300-400 for the stupid thing I said hell no and went and got one for cheap! it works great and sounds great!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
As I say to everyone in a predicament such as this, forget about the changer and just go pick up a MP3 capable head unit. It's easier to have all your cd's on 10-12 MP3 cds than it is to have to keep changing the cd caddy around. One can be had for about the same amount as a decent changer.

JR

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 6 2004, 06:02 PM
As I say to everyone in a predicament such as this, forget about the changer and just go pick up a MP3 capable head unit. It's easier to have all your cd's on 10-12 MP3 cds than it is to have to keep changing the cd caddy around. One can be had for about the same amount as a decent changer.

JR
This is my plan, that and i have a neo mp3 player with a 40GB drive i plan to install. So i doubt i'll need a cd changer at all

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jul 6 2004, 06:02 PM

JR
Not everyone can do this feasibly, specifically those with auto climate or those who want to keep the stock look. Besides, MP3s don't sound as good as normal CDs.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I'll stick with the single cd receiver....It's not that hard to change cd's....and changers and mp3 compatable receivers are too much money...sure i can buy one cheap, but you gotta pay good money to get something good

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by crackhead@Jul 6 2004, 09:49 PM
mp3s can sound the same as cds. just record in the 320kbs rate.
Most MP3s are recorded at 128 tho - if all the MP3s I've downloaded over the years were at 320 kbs, I'd almost have no reason to continue buying CDs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.