Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started to misfire and code P0420 appeared, I took the car to different mechanics and some of them said was the timing that was wrong. I changed the water pump and the timing kit, It took me about 2 months doing it (I just work in the car in my free time), the misfared dissapeared for like 200 miles driven it I was like hell yeah finally that anoying sound dissapeared :D, but then it showed again aah !.

Took the car to other mechanic and he told me than the car was running great, that it has no problem and that it just needed a good tune up like changing the spark plugs to the OEM ones, cleaning the intake valves with crc cleaner and also cleaning the inyectors. When I used the CRC valve Cleaner the misfires stopped again for a period of time but returned like always.

After all that I say "**** it I'll find the problem myself" and bough a cheap OBD II scanner, watch the live data from O2 sensors voltage (the scanner read it as mA) and the O2S11 and O2S21 were almost always at a negative voltage value O2S1 was the worst reaching from -0.50 to +0.01. Its my catalytic converter screwed or are my O2 sensors that dont work. I been facing those misfires for a while and dont know what else to do. Pls help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts