Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have some gauges, it got me to looking at the rest of my interior. Let me tell you, it needs some work.
Where can I get a dash cover for a '93 taurus? Mine is cracked n about 4 diff places. That and so where can I find some new cruise buttons?
And that piece under the radio, the one that houses the cup holders and coin tray...what have yall done to take. Up that empty space?

Thanks for any ideas,
Nate

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Junkyard for most of those parts.....

for the coin holder theres a door you can get to turn that into a storage box... I think some SHOs had it

I am not sure where to get the dash mat someone else around here Im sure knows

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The storage box can be found on '93-'95 floor shift models (doesn't necessarily have to be a SHO). You can get a Dash Mat at any auto parts store (they have to special order it - I recommend getting a velour cover over the carpet). Cruise buttons, you'll have to raid a junkyard. Any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with the same style wheel will interchange.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I've seen the cruise control button set on eBay frequently.

I've also seen 2nd gen Taurus dashboards show up on there, the entire piece, if you were looking to go that route.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I put a factory CD player in the hole where the cup holder/coin tray used to live.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (phatt_daddy @ Mar 11 2009, 11:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=707602
And that piece under the radio, the one that houses the cup holders and coin tray...what have yall done to take. Up that empty space?[/b]
if you cut that separator peace between the DIN slots can you install a double DIN radio or nav system?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
QUOTE (SurHaxalot @ Mar 14 2009, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=708678
And that piece under the radio, the one that houses the cup holders and coin tray...what have yall done to take. Up that empty space?[/b]
if you cut that separator peace between the DIN slots can you install a double DIN radio or nav system?
[/b][/quote]

Yes. I believe Rudedog was the one who put in a double DIN Focus radio in that spot.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Mar 15 2009, 08:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709060
QUOTE (SurHaxalot @ Mar 14 2009, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=708678
[/b][/quote]

Yes. I believe Rudedog was the one who put in a double DIN Focus radio in that spot.
[/b][/quote]
Oh baby think of the possibilities (dreaming of a high end nav system)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts