Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how it happened, but all 5 studs broke off on one side of the car. I am stuck carless until this problem is resolved. If someone could please help me out! Dealer says $5 each, and it will take a week. If someone has a better price, please get back to me asap.
[email protected]
thanks,
EC

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Maybe...but what would have actually broken the studs? If he was riding on a loose rim, I could see wearing them down, but breaking them clean off???

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
No...I think that might have been ebfore I was around here a whole lot.

Anyways...yours sheared off because of an accident. There had to have been some sort of lateral movement that would have had to break the studs. I wonder how this person did theirs...

JR

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Try a different place like a brake place. Sometimes they break off the studs when taking the wheels off. I broke off a stud once and the local Speedy Muffler place was nice enough to replace it for me as they said they typically only do it when they screw it up. I'd call around and see what they have to say.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Eternal Creations@Jul 15 2004, 12:30 AM
I dont know how it happened, but all 5 studs broke off on one side of the car. I am stuck carless until this problem is resolved. If someone could please help me out! Dealer says $5 each, and it will take a week. If someone has a better price, please get back to me asap.
[email protected]
thanks,
EC
did you ever end up getting the studs?

If not, I have some.

-Damon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts