Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Taurus. I just love the 3.5 Duratec engine but the 6 speed automatic transmission needs some improving. Does anyone make a tuner for '08 and newer Taurus? I know Jet performance makes a piggyback chip, but I don't want to mess with removing the computer and scraping the contacts for the chip install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (MustangBob @ Mar 1 2009, 01:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704237
I just bought a 2008 Taurus. I just love the 3.5 Duratec engine but the 6 speed automatic transmission needs some improving. Does anyone make a tuner for '08 and newer Taurus? I know Jet performance makes a piggyback chip, but I don't want to mess with removing the computer and scraping the contacts for the chip install.[/b]

Can you email the PCM cal code ? If not I can pull it from the VIN. I can see if its something I support right now or not.

[email protected]

Torrie McPhail

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see that this post is a few months old, but I was wondering if any progress was made? According to a chat I had with SCT the Xcal3 does support the Taurus but they do not have a "canned" tune for it. The tuners I've worked with for my Mustangs do not have any experience with this car so they won't do anything either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Jul 15 2009, 09:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739601
If the PCM code was known I could ask.[/b]
I'm not certain where to find the PCM code on this car, but I'll research it today and look when I get home from work tonight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (MustangBob @ Mar 1 2009, 02:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=704237
I just bought a 2008 Taurus. I just love the 3.5 Duratec engine but the 6 speed automatic transmission needs some improving. Does anyone make a tuner for '08 and newer Taurus? I know Jet performance makes a piggyback chip, but I don't want to mess with removing the computer and scraping the contacts for the chip install.[/b]
Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you guys. I have been busy. I see where Hypertech has a tuner for the '08 Taurus. I would like a little better performance than stock (if that's possible). There is garage in Noblesville, IN. with a dyno that specializes in custom tunes for Fords. Would a custom tune be better than a "canned" tune? I tried to call them today, but by the time I got home, they were already closed. I will try to call again tomorrow.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just spoke with Justin at VMP Tuning in Florida. He has indicated that they have a basic tune available for the gen 5. You can get the tune if you purchase a tuner from them, or it's $59 to get the tune emailed to you to be downloaded on to your current unlocked device. I found out also that there is a free firmware update for x-cal 2's necessary for '07+ Ford's with automatic tranny's.

My experience with VMP on my '06 Mustang was great. I have yet to hear a single complaint in the Mustang community about them either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts