Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my brakes have been extremely loud when I'm braking. Now, I know this is a sign to get new brakes, but I have yet to follow through due to lack of money.
I don't wanna go to a shop, 'cause I don't want to have to pay out the ass, and my friend's dad said he'll do it if I get all the parts.

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SE, with disc brakes in the front and drums in the rear. What parts will I need and approximately how much will it cost?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Reasonable rotors plus pads about $130. Rear shoes about $40 a set. That's about minimum. You could maybe need new drums about $80 each for good'ns and even new wheel cylinders about $20 each or front calipers about $30 each. Also bleed all brakes, so need maybe $15 DOT3 brake fluid.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Recently, my brakes have been extremely loud when I'm braking. Now, I know this is a sign to get new brakes, but I have yet to follow through due to lack of money.
I don't wanna go to a shop, 'cause I don't want to have to pay out the ass, and my friend's dad said he'll do it if I get all the parts.

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SE, with disc brakes in the front and drums in the rear. What parts will I need and approximately how much will it cost?
I was going to reply with a suggestion, but after managing to skip over the part where you are having someone do it, I will say this.

You might as well consult him on what he expects you to bring for parts. Get a list, go to the store and buy the stuff. Personally, I don't see why buying the parts before hand is a good idea, you have no idea what's worn or what might go wrong that you don't expect.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you end up replacing the pads, search this web site for Hawk pads. A lot of people on this web site said good things about them. I'll be getting them on my next break pad service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.