Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I am exporting a 2003 Taurus SES from US to Canada and it needs DRL Daytime running lights). I contacted a Canadian Ford dealer and asked him for an estimate, but it is too much for my budget (230CAD). He said he has to order a control module from Toronto. I looked over the internet, but I cannot find anybody to sell anything like this for my car. My question is: does this car has a "control module" or there is only a relay and a resistor? And where exactly these parts will be on a 2003 Taurus? Thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The General Electronics Module (GEM) controls the DRLs on '03 models. The GEM also controls a lot of other things on the car and is specific to the car. You have to get a new module and have it programmed specifically for that car.

The cheap way to do it is just find the low beam wire behind the headlight switch and use a relay to trip it using the ignition or accessory wire as the switch. The headlight circuit has a dedicated wire so it will only illuminate the headlights and not the parking lamps or dash illumination.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
There are aftermarket DRL kits you can get which are pretty easy to install, and not very expensive. You should check with some aftermarket parts stores near you. I did one not long ago - it works well, and it's not very hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your answer. Can anyone send me the 2003 light switch wiring so I can look at nearby wires I can connect to in one of the electrical connectors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts