Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as the topic said i just bought a 91 taurus its awesome i like it for a gen one but anyway i bought it from someone i dont trust to much is there a way that i can change the code so that he cant come and gank my stereo?

·
Registered
318 Posts
No.

You can add a custom code by following the directions in the owner's manual, but the factory code still works. The only way to change the factory code is to change a control module for the power door locks.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
The module is very easy to get at, it's in the trunk, behind the cardbaord at the backseat.... all you have to do is go down to your local pick-a-part and grab one out of a 86-91 taurus, the factory code will be right on the module itself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are the costom things i can do to the module like can i type in a code just to pop the trunk instead of the factory code then 5 or could i make it so it roles up all the windows?if so that is cool and my car didnt come with an owners manual and are the Gen 1's that have the digi dash rare?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Mat_D@May 12 2004, 05:22 PM
what are the costom things i can do to the module like can i type in a code just to pop the trunk instead of the factory code then 5 or could i make it so it roles up all the windows?if so that is cool and my car didnt come with an owners manual and are the Gen 1's that have the digi dash rare?
i believe there is a way to pop the trunk just using your keypad. If you enter in the code, followed by 8/9 key, I think it pops the trunk. It does that in my car.

For the rolling down/up of the windows, there are certain car alarms/entry systems you can buy that have features like that. I have seen them in action, they are pretty cool. :chili: If you press a key on the keypad it will roll down the windows halfway.

-DC

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i just got this car a week ago and 3/4 unlocks all the doors and 5/6 pops the trunk what do i have to do to have it role down the windows half way

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Mat_D@May 12 2004, 05:45 PM
well i just got this car a week ago and 3/4 unlocks all the doors and 5/6 pops the trunk what do i have to do to have it role down the windows half way
There isnt a feature to roll the windows down halfway (ala VW Jetta), at least not using the keypad.

There are aftermarket kits you can buy where you press a button and the windows roll down.

-DC

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well...is the number after the code the same on Gen 2's, like the 3/4 button? Because if i were to enter the code, do I need to press an extra button to get it to unlock the doors, or does automatically entering the code make the doors unlock, mind u I have a 1992 SHO, and it doesn't have a manual :(.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts