Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Gen 4 flip/fold center front seat.

What years were these available?

Also I need it to be tan and cloth... is there more than one shade of tan for Gen 4's? And what years were tan interiors offered?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Every year of G4 had it. Flip fold cloth type changed between 02 and 03. Tauruses and Sables have different types of cloth texture. Cloth coloring never changed though.

Medium Parchment is the interior color name, Ford changed it to some other name for 05, but didn't change the coloring.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok awesome :D Thanks Nick.

Do you know what the cloth texturing difference was? Like just a different feeling to it?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Nov 7 2009, 09:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=765463
Ok awesome :D Thanks Nick.

Do you know what the cloth texturing difference was? Like just a different feeling to it?[/b]
The feeling and look of it was different. Check out the interior of a early G4 GS Sable and a SE Taurus. The pattern is different on the fabric.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
that is so that if we commit a felony against any NAVY personal Abby Sciuto cam place a sample in her Major Mass Spectrometer. and the report will come back.
Abby: "It appears to be seat fabric from a Generation 4.5 Taurus Sedan"
Tim: " How do you know it isn't a Sable. They are the same car you know?"
Abby: "Because Timmy, the fabric twill is different from the Taurus to the Sable"

Hah!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GO ABBY!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummmm... I don't get the difference... I looked at some ebay pics... but didn't see a difference other than the pattern on the inserts, but that wouldn't effect the center seat (is that what you were talking about)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
sean t.
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing