Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does and of the taurus' come with a carb? because my friend has a friend who has a taurus and he said it had a carb. but heres the problem it trys to start but it just never does sounds like its out of gas but isnt. i know this is a very general question but can anybody give me and kind of help. any comment will do. thx

·
Registered
285 Posts
No Taurus ever came with a carb, but the CFI that is on the 2.5L four-cylinder may look close enough to fool some. Someone may have put a carb on a Taurus.

There is a Reset button in the trunk, at least on the 1st Gen cars that I'm familiar with, that you can press. If the car gets bumped hard, the fuel pump gets cut off and you have to manually reset it using this button.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i reset this? i think thats what happened my friend just thought it was a carb. thx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok it is carberated but its not a taurus. but i still think you guys can help. its like an 87 lincoln and it used to run but they didnt drive it for a while and now it wont start i think this is an easy fix with like starting fluid. so if you guys can help. thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts