Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first time poster here and looking for a little assistance. I am working on my mother-in-laws car, 2003 Taurus with the Duratech DOHC V6 and it all started with the P0171 and P0174 codes. So I pulled the upper manifold and found a hole in the PCV elbow and replaced it. I got everything back together and when revving the motor up I could hear what sounds like a quick gasp of air being sucked in (possible leak) and found that when revving up to @ 4k RPMs, the engine starts missing and starts shaking badly. So I though maybe the intake is cracked or the gaskets could be bad. I pulled it all back apart, pressure tested the upper manifold which was fine and replaced all the gaskets, upper and lower manifold, EGR, and throttle body. I got it all back together again and the same conditions still exist. Anybody seen this before?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up question....

After driving the car, it doesn't cut out while under a load. So, is the motor supposed to cut out while in nuetral as to not over-rev without a load?

Is the quick gasp of air sound normal?

Maybe I'm just over reacting :dunno:.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Might double check that everything got reconnected (all vac. lines) after removing manifold(s) and look for other bad ones?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts