Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off hey everybody hows it going n e way i had a leak in the tranny line and i got it fixed but when the mechanic took off the tranny pan he said that there were metal shavings in it he also said that its no big deal and that the check tranny light will keep coming on and off it drive fine and shifts good should i worry about it

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I suggest getting rid of it now, unless you want to put about $2k for a decent rebuilt transmission in the near future.

·
Registered
671 Posts
first off hey everybody hows it going n e way i had a leak in the tranny line and i got it fixed but when the mechanic took off the tranny pan he said that there were metal shavings in it he also said that its no big deal and that the check tranny light will keep coming on and off it drive fine and shifts good should i worry about it
I would, that metal came from somewhere.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Don't know how many miles you have on the new fluids however if it were me I would drain a quart or two of tranny fluid and from the middle of the drain I would catch a few ounces of fluid than send it in to a lab (I use Blackstone in Indiana) and have it analized. $20 dollars and you can stop guessing,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the car has 123,000 and i would say it has not even 30 miles on the new fluid but like i said it drives fine no overheating no slipping the only thing is the check tranny light flashes but doesnt stay on it just flashes

·
Registered
81 Posts
A flashing light means there is a fault code stored in the computer. Get a engine computer scan from Pep Boys ... at least you'll know what problem is causing the light to flash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts