Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hit a pretty big pot hole last night. Knocked all the change out the coin holders and got a nice flat with a blown out sidewall. Luckily the rim seems ok with a light scrape. All that rain the last few weeks certainly makes for big ones. Same thing happened to another guy five minutes after me.

Anyway, I put on the dummy spare and today I went and got another tire at a junkyard, not a bad deal, $40 for a practically new tire, same brand and all, it's got more tread than any of the other three. Oh and the only good part about the old tire was that it was also the one with the least tread.

Anyway, now I'm putting the dummy tire back in the trunk and can't remember how the scissor jack fit into the wheel well. Can't make the cover go all the way down and it was dark at night so I can't really remember how it was sitting when I took it out. Anyone have pictures of their Gen 4 with the jack properly stored?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Here's what it looks like for my gen3. If it doesn't match for you, there should be a picture in your owner's manual. If you don't have the manual, you can get it from My Mercury as a PDF, but you must register your car before you can get to the download area.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts