Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched a lot of different places but can't for the life of me find one that matches up on colors. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helped but not fully. It's not giving me the stereos actual wiring sadly. I just need to know what colors are for what so I can hook a new radio to it

·
Administrator
15,301 Posts
The audio diagrams are quite complete and there are threads here on adding aftermarket units using both Metra and Scoshe kits. What are you having trouble finding?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having trouble matching those colors to the ones on the back of my radio. I understand there are guides, but I've got different color in back than I do up front. I'm looking for the colors that match these (both pictures attached) if anyone can point me to one that actually matches, that would be great. Trust me man, I've been looking for the diagram for it for two weeks. I've used google, I've used this forum, and multiple other things. Thanks link above was helpful, but all it showed that was correct to the colors was the rear and front speakers when at the speaker install location. NOT what is up in the dash behind the stock radio. Here's pics so you can believe what I'm saying after about thirty minutes of looking. If you find them, I'll be impressed because like I've said, I've been looking for weeks....

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also here's a color list in case someone know which connector and colors go where.

1-10
Black
Bl/wht
Tan/lb
Grn/bk
Red/yl
Bk/pink
Grn/prpl
Bl/wht
what/pnk

11-20
Wht/Rd
Bk/yl
Lb/pink
Tan
Gry/Rd
Rd/yl
Bl/tn
Gray
Dark gray/grn

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm having trouble matching those colors to the ones on the back of my radio. I understand there are guides, but I've got different color in back than I do up front. I'm looking for the colors that match these (both pictures attached) if anyone can point me to one that actually matches, that would be great. Trust me man, I've been looking for the diagram for it for two weeks. I've used google, I've used this forum, and multiple other things. Thanks link above was helpful, but all it showed that was correct to the colors was the rear and front speakers when at the speaker install location. NOT what is up in the dash behind the stock radio. Here's pics so you can believe what I'm saying after about thirty minutes of looking. If you find them, I'll be impressed because like I've said, I've been looking for weeks....
Did u find out the colors then

·
Registered
13 Posts
For some reason and I can't believe help difficult it is to find a diagram for the 20 pin connector for the radio on a 2004 for Taurus, because I have one too and I am installing a 10" vertical touchscreen radio

and aM having a hell of a time finding the correct information, also If you are trying to install a radio like this you won't be able to find any kits for the - that include manual temperature control that will fit this however I got a little creative and took apart the factory radio and Made my measurement and used a oscillating saw and modified the original factory radio case to mount this radio.

Remember using this method means that you will have to find a different place to mount the temperature control modules, So make sure when you do your cutting that you don't hack up the plate for the temperature controls, I haven't done it yet but I am going to mount them under the ashtray. I can't even find a harness for this connector but a word of caution it is better not to cut the factory connector off but you can use wire Splicer's like these:

which allow you to splice into the wire without cutting or stripping it, I could not find any pictures but I did find this,
--------
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Green/Black

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Black/Pink

Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/Green

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Green

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan/Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green/Orange

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Blue

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black/Violet

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Orange/Violet

Hope this information helps...

Electronic device Technology Gadget Display device Tablet computer Carmine Cylinder Toy Plastic Tin Photograph Line Technology Black Engineering

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am installing a new radio today and I noticed the wires Orange/blue from the top right in your connector are the ones for the left rear speaker, as I mounted a new speaker today... mine is Sable 2001 LS ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
How do you decipher if you have audiophile system or not
I am not completely sure, I do not own a 2004 with a audiophile system, but using a little deduction by looking at the diagrams I THINK... it looks like the audiophile system has 6 speakers, 2 extra tweeters in the front. So you can look around and try and see how many speakers you have in the front and if you have 2 extra tweeters.

Another way you might be able to tell is by the head units or dash.

I believe this is the default...

compared to something like this...

Someone else might know better, these are just guesses to get you moving in the right direction...GOOD LUCK!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts