Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning took my trusty 2000 Taurus SE in for an oil change/check up. My tech told me to come out and look at the underside of the car. There is a fair amount of rust built up on a lot of the underside. Mechanically it is sound and everything works great, but I decided that for sure in the spring I am going to get a newer Taurus. I really like the '08/'09 style. For me it is more about long distance comfort than driving fun or style; and I found the 2010 does feel more cramped inside. I was looking at an '09 Limited AWD. Just wondering what everyones opinion is on that car. I figure the 3.5 will be more expensive to maintain than my Vulcan :rolleyes2:. However the idea of another 108 HP over the Vulcan is a nice thought!!!! Also I will most certainly rustproof a newer car. What is better, have the dealer do it, or get the car oiled every year? :D Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
This morning took my trusty 2000 Taurus SE in for an oil change/check up. My tech told me to come out and look at the underside of the car. There is a fair amount of rust built up on a lot of the underside. Mechanically it is sound and everything works great, but I decided that for sure in the spring I am going to get a newer Taurus. I really like the '08/'09 style. For me it is more about long distance comfort than driving fun or style; and I found the 2010 does feel more cramped inside. I was looking at an '09 Limited AWD. Just wondering what everyones opinion is on that car. I figure the 3.5 will be more expensive to maintain than my Vulcan :rolleyes2:. However the idea of another 108 HP over the Vulcan is a nice thought!!!! Also I will most certainly rustproof a newer car. What is better, have the dealer do it, or get the car oiled every year? :D Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Oil spray once yearly. I hate anything to do with rubber coatings for the most part, unless it's applied to the car when new, and even then it's a big problem 10 years later when it dries. I love oil, it works very well. I can even show you photographic proof of how well it stops rust, if you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts