Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a new batt for the taurus, as the one thats in it took a crap on me.

I called advance and the only thing that they offer is their AutoCraft Silver its a 2year batt for $85.
I also called Napa, the only Batt that they offer is their 7536R battery for $76.

Advance Specs:
Group Size: 27F
Voltage: 12V
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) @ 0°F: 650
Cranking Amps @ 32°F: 813
Reserve Capacity (minutes): 130
Warrenty: 2 years

Napa specs:
Battery BCI # : 36R
Battery CA @ 32 Degrees F : 800
Battery CCA @ 0 Degrees F : 650
Battery Height : 8 1/8"
Battery Length : 10 3/16"
Battery Posts Type : Top Post
Battery Reserve Capacity : 130
Battery Voltage : 12 Volt
Battery Weight : 42 lbs
Battery Width : 6 13/16
Warrenty: 75 month

Who makes the Advance Batterys? I think Dekka makes the Napa batterys.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I can't answer that. But I can tell you I got the autocraft silver battery last week and it's still going strong~~!!! uh, yeah. The only reason I got that is because I get good prices at advanced bc one of the employees gives me his discount. Otherwise I'd go for Optima ($$$) or even a duralast, which gives a really good warranty. Of course theres' always diehard and interstate. But if you're going to go with either of the two you mentioned, I'd rather napa.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If you're a Costco member I've had good luck with their batterys. I replaced my Jeep battery last week. $68 with 100 month warranty.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Go to Wal-Mart. Most stores open 24 hrs, you can get replacements without any hassle whether in town or on the road. I've used them for years and have no complaints.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Energizer Car Battery.
Sams Club.
Made by Johnson Controls.
Good price.
Best warranty around. :)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (duraSEL @ May 29 2010, 05:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807752
Energizer Car Battery.
Sams Club.
Made by Johnson Controls.
Good price.
Best warranty around. :)[/b]
Yeah, alot of batteries are made by Johnson Controls. Just get the cheapest one...or get the higher end stuff from Optima. Dry cell battery FTW

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
QUOTE (GilroyRacing @ May 29 2010, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807712
Looking at getting a new batt for the taurus, as the one thats in it took a crap on me.

I called advance and the only thing that they offer is their AutoCraft Silver its a 2year batt for $85.
I also called Napa, the only Batt that they offer is their 7536R battery for $76.

Advance Specs:

Napa specs:

Who makes the Advance Batterys? I think Dekka makes the Napa batterys.[/b]
Oh and by the way, Advance's battery is 2 years free replacement/72 months pro rated. If you have them test your battery beforehand, and it's bad, they'll print up a $5 off coupon on the print out of the EXP1200 machine.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I've used Motorcraft from my local distributor over the years & usually get 8-10 years service from them.

Last year they couldn't come close to Walmarts price for the same battery size & specfications, so my 94 bull has a Walmart (can't remember the name) but it has the yellow case, 3 years free replacement, can't remember the prorated time, but it was the same as the best Motorcraft & for $25 less.

The Motorcraft is made by Johnson Controls, the Walmart one by Exide.

As has been said, you can get service for the Walmart battery just about anywhere, anytime, so it's a good value for the bucks spent.

If you don't care for either of those, then opt for the specified size battery that has the longest free replacement, most amp hours, longest reserve capacity, highest cold cranking amps & the one that weighs the most, as that'll tell you something about how many plates it has & how thick they are.
So generally those attribtes will outline a well made battery, that'll likely work real good, last a long time & be a good value for the bucks spent.

BTW Walmart gave me $10 core for the old battery!!!! So that made the deal even better!!!!

A bunch more thoughts for pondering.

Let us know what you opt for & what kind of deal you get.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Are you on the original battery? 7 years is pretty good for the original. Anyway on my previous car, I got the battery Kmart and on the Taurus I ended up with one from Advanced, I think Kmart at the time was closer than Walmart, but I think Walmart had the best price. Anyway, whatever one you get, it'll probably be the last battery you'll end up buying so it probably doesn't matter that much.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (Willyum @ May 29 2010, 08:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807745
Go to Wal-Mart. Most stores open 24 hrs, you can get replacements without any hassle whether in town or on the road. I've used them for years and have no complaints.[/b]
I agree with this sentiment.

Ran a yellow top in the Jeep, it died at 1 am..i had no cash.. got a new one with no fuss.

That being said I ran a Autocraft Silver in the Taurus for..... forever!

Though I prefer the Wal-Mart Idea. More peace of mind... 24 hr service. :)

Although I'm thoroughly thinking about an Odyssey battery for my Axela..

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (GilroyRacing @ May 29 2010, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807712

Advance Specs:

Napa specs:

Who makes the Advance Batterys? I think Dekka makes the Napa batterys.[/b]

Unless you want all original factory items for your vehicle I would recommend Interstate Lifetime Battery. I have had my Interstate battery and it has served me over 164,054miles. It cost me $58 from an Interstate dealer and it has a lifetime guarantee. I have never had any problems with my Interstate batteries. I have a Ford Light Truck, the Taurus, and a Chevy S-10 and they all have Interstates in them. If I could get one for my motorcyle I guess I would at that! I guess it's all a personal preference. I live in AZ and my Napa dealer says they can sell me their lifetime battery for about $80. Good luck :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just curious, i have a 95 taurus GL with a 3.0. When i went to wallmart the computere is recomending to me the everstart maxx with get this 1000 cranking amps and 850 cold cranking amps. This seems like way overkill to me.

Buy the way this is replaceing a 10 year old diehard gold.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Just curious, i have a 95 taurus GL with a 3.0. When i went to wallmart the computere is recomending to me the everstart maxx with get this 1000 cranking amps and 850 cold cranking amps. This seems like way overkill to me.

Buy the way this is replaceing a 10 year old diehard gold.
You forget that this is your cars lifeblood. (Next to the oil and gas. Not my point)

But Get a good battery so you're not stuck when you need it most.

Overkill would be to get a Odyssey battery or a yellow top Optima. (not knocking on them. I'm actually getting a Odyssey in my Mazda)

CCA is where its at. If it fits get it. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts