1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

no it's not my car. It's my friend's Sable. Okay.. vitals

97 Sable GS, Vulcan, 160K miles

PROBLEM : Stalling when stopped, Clunk on acceleration, when she turns the car on, the engine revs then dies some times. SES light blinks

Now, I popped open her hood.. turns out she's never even looked under the hood! Her coolant was bone dry, her brake fluid was bone dry as was her windshield washer fluid. Luckily, I carry all three in the trunk with me, along with Tranny fluid. So I topped her off on all three.... But I'm sensing that those two were just small factors in a big problem. I told her to Autozone to have them go read the codes, but she's scared about it and doesn't know what to ask for or anything like that, so she asked me if I would take the car there and have the codes read. So I'm gunna have to do that later on this week... Anyone have any guesses what this could be?

I think it's possibly the tranny.. I dunno...

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Mar 28 2004, 09:33 PM
Anyone have any guesses what this could be?

I think it's possibly the tranny.. I dunno...
Owner neglect?

I'm almost scared to ask what the motor oil looked like. <_<

·
Registered
45 Posts
That reminds me of a story, I was working at an Amaco gas station one nite and a Jaguar pulls up and a women gets out She goes over to one of the mechanics and asks why her car was making a clanking noise and over heating she said she just added anti freeze. When Tom (the mechanic) asked her where she put the anti freeze she pointed to where the oil normally went. Tom busted out laughing needless to say he lost his job, the woman was the owners wife.

Any chance of this person putting the fluids in the wrong areas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts