Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here is the thing, i have this poping noise either when i accelerate or turn the wheel coming from the front of the car. also there is something shaking/ratteling like there is something loose in rear when the car hits 40-60 mph. I cant seem to locate the problem with my car. alos need some quotes on how much that this will cost.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Popping noise may be a CV joint. Clunking in the rear may be a broken spring.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
The rear noise could also be a broken sway bar link.
It's an easy fix.
The part is $15. :)

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
AKA roll bar, anti-roll bar. It's a solid torsion bar with many bends. The center is held by bushings to the underside, the ends and end-links tie it to each wheel. As one wheel is pushed up by road or inertia forces -- for example, right wheel in a hard left turn -- it begins to push up the opposite side, reducing body roll or sway.

I don't have to worry about my rear sway bar. I don't have one. Ford accountants saved $20. :angry:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (OldWagon @ Apr 16 2009, 08:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718101
AKA roll bar, anti-roll bar. It's a solid torsion bar with many bends. The center is held by bushings to the underside, the ends and end-links tie it to each wheel. As one wheel is pushed up by road or inertia forces -- for example, right wheel in a hard left turn -- it begins to push up the opposite side, reducing body roll or sway.

I don't have to worry about my rear sway bar. I don't have one. Ford accountants saved $20. :angry:[/b]
ah thanks now i know what one is :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts