Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks like the VSS plug. If so, it goes on the back of your transmission, approx. below the center of your engine.

·
Registered
671 Posts
what is the easiest was to get to it
Oh boy. I got to mine by reaching my hand through behind the left-side of the intake manifold, and I think under the exhaust manifold (which is where the plug is). I had my other hand behind the intake tube down there, too. It gets interesting. Also, I was completely on my car at the time. It's really tricky. It might be easier to access from underneath, but I can't give you directions from that way.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh boy. I got to mine by reaching my hand through behind the left-side of the intake manifold, and I think under the exhaust manifold (which is where the plug is). I had my other hand behind the intake tube down there, too. It gets interesting. Also, I was completely on my car at the time. It's really tricky. It might be easier to access from underneath, but I can't give you directions from that way.
if you lay on your back and look up and laying under the cv shaft (pass side) and look up you will see the connection just by luck due to i was installing the cat system :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts