Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is a 2000 Ford Taurus se 3.0 velcon 4dr sedan with 165.000 miles power everything and it need the fallowing rocker sills, front and rear struts, passenger rear spring, drivers side ball joint, front sway bar links, tire's, rear shoes, drivers tail light, head gasket, and it over heats, i put it in craigslist as make offer due to i have no idea what to give for a price it has a new fuel filter, fuel injector, plenum gasket, egr valve gasket, new front break pads, thermostat, inspection sticker, so i do not know what to give for a price these are some pics of car time date is not right they are last weeks pics

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Needs a ton of work, you would need someone that will do there own work. I say at best about $500.00, you might be better to donate it to a charity and use it as a tax deduction, get a receipt.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh, I didn't even read all the junk it needs! I ASSumed it was just a good running 165k mile Taurus!

Yeah, I would part it out and then have a scrap hauler tow it away. You might be able to get more than $500 out of it...

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
:werd:

Not to mention, it has 15 inch rims!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:werd:

Not to mention, it has 15 inch rims!!
yes i know it is on 15inch rims on a 2000 should be 16 inch but i have a real nice set of winter tires on my 16inch and i found a set of 15's on a older taurus so yes i know lol (weird)

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Ten bucks.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Haha it's a blue version of my car. With the exception of head gasket, it's all the same problems.

$20 to whoever can get it to a junkyard first?

·
Registered
562 Posts
As others have said, it's not worth much at all but it's really the potential buyer that determines the value. If it's got parts that somebody wants bad enough it might be worth more than as a running car. The new stuff you have put into it isn't going to help at all when you add up all the stuff it needs. No offense intended but there are $500 cars available every day that need less than that, or nothing, to make them road worthy. If somebody just needs a run-around town beater they can deal with most of what you mentioned except for the head gasket/overheating problem which is pretty serious. I would find out what a salvage yard would pay you for it and then list it for a little more and see if you get anybody to come pick it up. If nobody wants it you can go back and sell it for salvage. Most importantly, be honest in your listing like you have here so people know what you have. It can be very anoying driving 45 minutes to look at something that turns out to be totally misrepresented (speaking from experience...). You might want to find out what is needed to turn a title over to salvage to remove you from any future liability. Good luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As others have said, it's not worth much at all but it's really the potential buyer that determines the value. If it's got parts that somebody wants bad enough it might be worth more than as a running car. The new stuff you have put into it isn't going to help at all when you add up all the stuff it needs. No offense intended but there are $500 cars available every day that need less than that, or nothing, to make them road worthy. If somebody just needs a run-around town beater they can deal with most of what you mentioned except for the head gasket/overheating problem which is pretty serious. I would find out what a salvage yard would pay you for it and then list it for a little more and see if you get anybody to come pick it up. If nobody wants it you can go back and sell it for salvage. Most importantly, be honest in your listing like you have here so people know what you have. It can be very anoying driving 45 minutes to look at something that turns out to be totally misrepresented (speaking from experience...). You might want to find out what is needed to turn a title over to salvage to remove you from any future liability. Good luck!
very true i totally agree

·
Registered
18 Posts
The junk man might give you $200 for it. Call one up and they will come take it away. I tend to drive cars until they are in this shape. At that point I usually don't feel right selling it to anyone knowing how much it might take to put in an acceptable condition, so I sell it to the junk man.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts