Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello as you can see in the pic i have a Flowmaster Org. 40 Series muffler with a Vibrant 2.25 in and a 3.00 inch out.. i wanna run dauls but the shop who put this in for me (Monroe Mufflers in Williamsport, PA) said it couldn't be done... but as you can see on others cars it is possible to do.... s0o0o0o what i need you guys to do is post under photos of your duals and explain to me so i can tell slash show them that it can be done... then get it done!!! please i need to get this done soon its bothering me. Thanks

Justin.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i dont have a pic of it under my car but i got one of it lying on the ground... hope this helps btw it is factory gen 3 SHO

btw ashley that car is HOT!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really what im looking for is photos of 2000- newer with a Y pipe and photos of how you ran the other exhaust. Thanks. :tcca_small:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
my car is a 2000 sable and i just put the exhaust from that sho right under there and bolted it all up using factory brackets and bolts all of the 1996 - 1998 tecs had duels and some 99 had them... i can take a better pic of it under the car tomorrow since the car has the rear end jacked up right now anyway

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Alright.. Sounds good...anyone with a custom dual exhaust?
[/b]
I had custom, but switched to an SHO dual setup. Better pipes and routing. If the muffler guy has seen under a 96-99 taurus with dual exhaust, that is exactly how he needs to route the pipes. Keep it away from the fuel evap lines, and you're all set.

He's trying to make it WAY harder than it actually is.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
From what Im told MY EVAP is in the way of where YOU would mount the 2nd muffler. SOooooo I mounted it where the stock resonator was right behind the 2nd cat.

Here is a few pics of the tips

Here is a shots of the pipes (I got some high heat Rustoleum and sprayed every thing while I was down there.) Oh btw the only thing I had to do was cut a piece of the splash guard on the passenger side to get the clearance I needed.

I noticed that wire was too close when I was down there so i Zip tied it to the arm right below it.

And here is a sound clip. My Camera blows at recording audio I had to set the camera back and it still distorts.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
i was always told that it could never be done till i went to a private owned muffler shop
and they did no problem

and yes the sho badge is removed

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
now i dont tihnk you did a write up of your exhaust set up

and i think its about time to show some pics of how the seocnd muffler is mounted due to the evap system

lol

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
now i dont tihnk you did a write up of your exhaust set up

and i think its about time to show some pics of how the seocnd muffler is mounted due to the evap system

lol
[/b]
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: YES PLEASE DO!!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts