Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a pipe that is rusted and ready to break that attatches to a hose that goes to the bottom of the water pump to accross the front of the car. It is pretty tight in there. How do I get to this? It looks like I may need to remove some rubber panel that is in the fender well and possibly the plastic trim under the front bumper. Anybody run into this yet? It is not leaking yet, but a lot of metal has flaked off.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If its not too different from the Vulcan setup, all you need to do is take the air dam off. Thats the plastic thing bolted on underneath in front, IIRC 2 or 3 big bolts in the middle back, and the small ones around the bumper cover.

I don't even have my air dam installed anymore, the need to cure the Vulcan brown sludge (weekly flushes) made me toss it in the spare parts pile.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If Your talking about the Hose that goes from the bottom of the water pump to the T-Stat Housing that is rubber and metal, and makes a sharp bend, I would price it out first. From what I have learned on here it has been discontinued. Mine blew in the summer and the hose cost me $325 Canadian. I have read that down in the states people are paying around $150. The parts manager at Ford couldn't even believe it, he was shocked.

Dave

·
Registered
549 Posts
QUOTE (MeNsInK69 @ Dec 12 2007, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=570246
If Your talking about the Hose that goes from the bottom of the water pump to the T-Stat Housing that is rubber and metal, and makes a sharp bend, I would price it out first. From what I have learned on here it has been discontinued. Mine blew in the summer and the hose cost me $325 Canadian. I have read that down in the states people are paying around $150. The parts manager at Ford couldn't even believe it, he was shocked.

Dave[/b]
Replaced mine for $15 with a flex hose and some zip ties to keep it away from the belt. Has been working great for almost two years.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Removing the thermostat housing made this job much easier.

QUOTE (dIESEL600 @ Mar 20 2009, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710648
QUOTE (MeNsInK69 @ Dec 12 2007, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=570246

Dave[/b]
Replaced mine for $15 with a flex hose and some zip ties to keep it away from the belt. Has been working great for almost two years.
[/b][/quote]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts