Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install a backup camera in my wife's 2008 Taurus-X. The monitor needs 12V power as well as a separate 12V power only when the car is in reverse. I tried finding the passenger compartment fuse box, and it looks like it's extremely hard to access, buried deep under the dash against the left side of the car.

Can anyone point me towards where I might find 12V reverse-only power in the passenger compartment (and constant 12V too couldn't hurt)?

Also, is there something obvious I'm missing on accessing the fuse box?

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
The reverse only power would be for the camera on the rear? You could tap power from your back-up lights...

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
i purchased a $14 rear view camera from ebay, and clipped the wires to my reverse light, stripped and spun them together then butt connected them. took 10 minutes, works AWSOME, even has better resolution than my dads $1200 backup camera on his 2011 lexus es350, only downside is no night vision but led reverse lights and a $30 pair of flat pilot reverse fogs did the trick.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Fuse 26 in the Power distribution box under the hood is for your reverse lamps...It looks like your only spots in the passenger compartment to access that circuit is at the auto-dimming mirror (connector C911 <w/o microphone> or C9012 <with microphone>), parking aid module (connector C3267), or at the reverse lamp connectors (connectors C498 Left, C499 Right).

Here are the connector pinouts, connector location diagram, and the reverse circuit Wiring Diagram

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts