Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes its possible...there is a gasket that is between the IMRC and the UIM...there is a thread on here somewhere, where someone diagnosed a random misfire code caused by a vacuum leak at that gasket. If I remember correctly, he couldn't find a replacement gasket or something to that effect and he wound up using the gasket off an oil filter. I'm not sure WHICH oil filter, but I think he spent some time comparing it to many filters at the auto parts store before he came up with the one that worked. Do a search and see if you can find the thread...or perhaps somebody else knows which one I am talking about and will chime in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its possible...there is a gasket that is between the IMRC and the UIM...there is a thread on here somewhere, where someone diagnosed a random misfire code caused by a vacuum leak at that gasket. If I remember correctly, he couldn't find a replacement gasket or something to that effect and he wound up using the gasket off an oil filter. I'm not sure WHICH oil filter, but I think he spent some time comparing it to many filters at the auto parts store before he came up with the one that worked. Do a search and see if you can find the thread...or perhaps somebody else knows which one I am talking about and will chime in.
ty again i hope they chime in

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
Ford calls it the intake manifold air valve assy. Ford part#87072-s91. You can use the oil filter gasket from the microgard#mgl9688 for $3.99 from oreilly or the oil filter gasket from the bosch#3312 from autozone. Oreilly is cheaper. Cant remember if the ford part# is for the gasket or entire assy.? If that part is on your eng., you have a 3.0 ohv vulcan, not an ohc duratec. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent find - posts back to the thread on this board w/pics:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-...9394-just-purchased-gen-iv-3.html#post1486246

Also, if you read to the end of the thread, the OP states he wound up later getting the gasket from ford because it sealed better: Ford Part Number: 87072 S91
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-...9394-just-purchased-gen-iv-5.html#post1574349
ty guys i got it to work with gasket from above link
works like a charm
no check eng light ,n more cel codes
more jerk when i put it in drive
no stall im so excited ty again
guy sold it to me for $900
thought i took a bad deal
not bad for a 2005 vulcan

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Those codes indicate that both of your upstream O2 sensors are not reading correctly. This may be because of running with a gasket leak for so long, your fuel trims are out of whack (running rich now). Try disconnecting the cars battery for about 10 minutes, reconnect it, and take the car out for a drive. This may help your PCM to reset fuel trim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those codes indicate that both of your upstream O2 sensors are not reading correctly. This may be because of running with a gasket leak for so long, your fuel trims are out of whack (running rich now). Try disconnecting the cars battery for about 10 minutes, reconnect it, and take the car out for a drive. This may help your PCM to reset fuel trim.
your correct
though i had to reset 2 x
and i seafoam to the fuel line
not the gas tank
added it to the tank nothing
addaed to fuel instant difference
and ty all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts