Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a Ford Taurus and I am looking to do some custom mods so if you have any idea like for stickers or performance parts let me know with links and looking for good tunes so let me know plz thx you guys

·
Registered
22,633 Posts
^ May pm member bpd1151 (Mike) for ideas. Check out his garage and posts on here. Also, if you haven't already, check out the Ecoboost Owner Forums and the Ecoboost Performance Forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing. Nothing at all. But he said "fast". Not "faster". Plus the references to stickers.... C'mon.

I'm all for helping people out, otherwise.
Thx you guys both I just bought my sho it’s my dream car and all I want is to make is fast so that’s why I am asking you guys for help but I do appreciate it to everybody who is giving me ideas

·
Registered
123 Posts
For the cheapest bang for the buck, programming with a reputable tune, as mentioned above. You might be able to get 10-15HP more, that way? Now come on "Deckard_Cain" , if this guy thinks his Taurus isn't that fast with the 3.5 SHO motor , maybe like me , he's used to driving a car with close to 500 BHP? Now the N/A 3.5 Cyclone , is certainly not a potent performance engine , in its stock form, especially when you compare them with many vehicles like the GM equipped 3.6N/A V6s , they have quite a bit of more HP than the Taurus, & many models are in the same price range as the Bull, who are you to disagree? It's just our opinion. The Taurus engines are not near the top of HP or peak torque the pack , compared to many other manufacturers vehicles engines in the same price range , of full size sedans, with the 3.5 N/A V6, we have in it. The GM High Feature V6 3.6, that's N/A , of similar years put out anywhere between 305 to 345 HP, depending on the vehicle. The top 3.5 N/A puts out 290HP, & that was NOT in a Taurus , but in an Explorer. The top HP rating of the Taurus , non turbo charged was 288HP. Before that rating they languished in the 265 HP range. IMHO they should have put the 3.7 V6 in Ford's flag ship sedan.

By your moniker here "eco beast SHO" , I assume you have the SHO which pumps out 365HP? Don't know if you can go to an aftermarket turbo or not to add more HP? Maybe worth checking into , if you want to spend some big bucks? In realty, the sky is the limit if you want to spend enough dough. One can make any vehicle blisteringly fast if one wants to pump in a lot of money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the cheapest bang for the buck, programming with a reputable tune, as mentioned above. You might be able to get 10-15HP more, that way? Now come on "Deckard_Cain" , if this guy thinks his Taurus isn't that fast with the 3.5 SHO motor , maybe like me , he's used to driving a car with close to 500 BHP? Now the N/A 3.5 Cyclone , is certainly not a potent performance engine , in its stock form, especially when you compare them with many vehicles like the GM equipped 3.6N/A V6s , they have quite a bit of more HP than the Taurus, & many models are in the same price range as the Bull, who are you to disagree? It's just our opinion. The Taurus engines are not near the top of HP or peak torque the pack , compared to many other manufacturers vehicles engines in the same price range , of full size sedans, with the 3.5 N/A V6, we have in it. The GM High Feature V6 3.6, that's N/A , of similar years put out anywhere between 305 to 345 HP, depending on the vehicle. The top 3.5 N/A puts out 290HP, & that was NOT in a Taurus , but in an Explorer. The top HP rating of the Taurus , non turbo charged was 288HP. Before that rating they languished in the 265 HP range. IMHO they should have put the 3.7 V6 in Ford's flag ship sedan.

By your moniker here "eco beast SHO" , I assume you have the SHO which pumps out 365HP? Don't know if you can go to an aftermarket turbo or not to add more HP? Maybe worth checking into , if you want to spend some big bucks? In realty, the sky is the limit if you want to spend enough dough. One can make any vehicle blisteringly fast if one wants to pump in a lot of money.

Thx you,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts